Bees Build Nest in Starving Dog

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
The owner should be put in a suicide-proof cell and be starved to death, see how he likes it!

OwlEyez

Newly Enlightened
Also a shame no one else took the initiative to feed the dog or make a call to get it help.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Disgusting. Truly, absolutely sickening. :thumbsdow :mecry: :mad:

Suitable punishment here is tying the owner to a post naked, brushing honey on his body, and putting assorted bee/wasp nests nearby. Maybe throw in some fireants for good measure. And let him stay there until he croaks.

People like him are the reason why I feel you should need permission to breed. Anything else I have to say won't be suitable for a family-oriented forum like this. :mad:

Tritium

Enlightened
I don't believe the story. Bee's do not inhabit biological entities. Fly's on the other hand will and do.

Thurmond

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I served on a jury for a trial of a similar case. The owner was found guilty of 3 of 4 counts of animal cruelty. The jury hung on the fourth count.

The dogs were starving to death and suffering from various other health problems, one was near death. They all made it back to full recovery after emergency vet intervention.

I don't know what the punishment is for this crime, but I doubt it is much.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Tritium said:
I don't believe the story. Bee's do not inhabit biological entities. Fly's on the other hand will and do.
I was about to comment on that inexactitude as well.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definately not Honey Bees, Apis melifera.

Yellow Jackets do eat meat and will invade an open wound of the living or dead in swarms and in some locals such as where the story originated Yellow Jackets are common pests, especially at barbeques and Yellow Jackets are often called bees. They live in colonies usually below ground. I bet the story is true and the poor dog was being eaten alive by Yellow Jackets. That breaks my heart.

greenLED

Flashaholic
True. Wasps do consume flesh but they do nest inside animals. If anything, they might have been consuming dead tissue from the exposed tumor... :green: Entomology aside, it's a really sad story...

/highjack

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
It could easily be a miscommunication, as lots of people assume that if an insect stings and flies that it is a bee, where in reality it could be a ton of different insects..