Make my own 2-stage jetbeam Jet1?

teststrips

Enlightened
I've been watching the various jetbeam jet1 threads, hoping someone else would discus this, but no one has so I'll ask.

I use my jetbeam exclusively as a AA light, sometimes with 14500 cells, but most of the time with NiMh. I'll never use the CR123 body - so the twist on/off functionality of the head does me no good at all.

My question is, could this light be modified so Off would be low, and ON would stay the same (high). So I could simply twist the head to switch between high and low modes?

Is this easy enough for me to do (pretty lousy soldering skills) - if not, would someone be willing to make this mod happen for me?

teststrips

Enlightened
havand said:
I'd think a resistor should do the trick..

What kind? I don't think there is room for a traditional 1/2 watt resistor (too big) I've never worked with the SMT resistors - and I don't know their size, etc.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
teststrips said:
My question is, could this light be modified so Off would be low, and ON would stay the same (high). So I could simply twist the head to switch between high and low modes?

Is this easy enough for me to do (pretty lousy soldering skills) - if not, would someone be willing to make this mod happen for me?

I'm not one of those modding-type CPFers, but the general conscensous is that for the Fenix L1P, this is one of the easiest mods to execute. I don't know if it could be done for the Jet, since you can't get inside it very easily.

Of course, you could take the more patient (and probably more expensive) route and wait for the "official" 2 stage switch to come out. According to Warren (Litemania), it WILL come out, but when and how much are hard to say.

If you happen to come into some unexpected money, you could get an MK-II :). I haven't been totally thrilled with the way Emillion has handled this buisness venture (released a single stage light which was shortly obsoleted by a formerly unannounced better model, build-quality and tritium issues, long wait times on some items, general lack of comunication), but I must say that there is no arguing: the MK-II is a VERY impressive light. It is the light I've been hoping for ever since the original release of the Fenix.