• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Custom Blue/Purple Swirl Aleph 3

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Folks,

I've had this light in my collection for some time now. It has largely sat unused inside a drawer since I've had it, and I'm hoping to let it go to someone who might be able to give it better use than me. The light does not come with a light engine.

Sold to PSM. :) Thanks!

I'd like to sell it for $175 shipped in the US via USPS Priority Mail. Please PM me if interested. I've also got some U-Flux Luxeons and NG1000 converters if needed for an LE build.

Thanks!

-Enrique

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Custom Blue/Purple Swirl Aleph 3

I'll take it

Whoo Hoo! :rock: Finally in the right place at the Right time!

Last edited:

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened

wow, very nice.
who did the anodizing?

PSM,

looks like a real nice home for an XX1S :naughty:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dang! Good pull, PSM! :goodjob:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sold to PSM! Hope you enjoy it. :D

I bought this from McGizmo ages ago back when he did a run of custom lights. It has sat unused since I've been afraid to use it since it's not Type 3 anodizing, and I've got another Aleph 3 in natural that I use instead.

I got to talking to a fellow CPFer and found a bunch of stuff in my parts box from back when I was modding lights and I'll probably be selling some more custom pieces like this soon. :)

-Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not recommended. I came close to blowing up a light one time when a mod done like that accidentally activated and sat on a shelf for about 10 minutes while I was out in the shop working. I came back in and the light was hot enough to burn my hands, the O-Ring had fused to the lens, the smooth plastic reflector had melted onto the lens and become sputtered, the dome of the LED peeled off the phosphor layer, the light was pressurized from the inside, the battery had ejected some white goo and was making noise when the light was opened. I don't know how much longer it would have lasted but I was lucky that the results weren't any worse than what they were and no damage except a ruined light; thank God the thermal protection on that cell actually worked.

I repaired the damage and never made a modification like that again. Run the light with 2 CR123s (or 6 volts otherwise) or use a Luxeon III.

-Enrique

Regentag

Banned
PoliceScannerMan said:
There was a Pic, its a nice light!

Its blue and purple, well a swirl. Perfect host for a Cyan light engine.... :naughty:

Sweet.

Last edited: