"I see drunk people...."

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meanwhile the Olsen Twins (or was it just one of them?) are coked out of their gourds, Lindsey Lohan is just a party girl "having fun", and Paris Hilton says she'll be celebate for a whole year, as though anybody gives a flying fat rat's ***.

I really don't know where I was going with that...

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously lots of people do give rats' asses. These awful "entertainment" shows come on right after the news here. A whole hour of mindless jibbering about celebrities. None of these would be on if there weren't people watching them in rapt attention and giving them ratings.

The very idea that a large percentage of the US population cares what Tom Cruise did earlier in the day is highly disturbing.

Woods

Newly Enlightened
ABTOMAT said:
Obviously lots of people do give rats' asses. These awful "entertainment" shows come on right after the news here. A whole hour of mindless jibbering about celebrities. None of these would be on if there weren't people watching them in rapt attention and giving them ratings.

The very idea that a large percentage of the US population cares what Tom Cruise did earlier in the day is highly disturbing.

No kidding man. Our society is pretty darn sad in many ways. It seems like going to WalMart just pisses me off any more. There are so many arrogant, self righteous buttheads out there that just don't even have a clue that their perceived "right of entitlement" is totally bogus. The term "ugly Americans" comes to mind quite often when I'm out in public.

*stepping down from my soapbox now before I really go off* :sssh: