Not Good; 2days, 2 lights

LGCubana

Enlightened
I only joined this site yesterday. Based on reviews

Day 1: Nuwai QIII
Day 2: Fenix P1

Actually after buying the QIII, I figured that I would get the P1 down the road; for comparison. But with the 10% August discount at Fenix-Store, I had to throw my schedule out.

Sidenote:
Yesterday I found a thread where members were doing a head to head between these 2 pocket rockets, but i can't find it today. Does anyone have the URL/Link ?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just give up now...don't try to justify anything...you're stuck...you're addicted. Just wait till you get that craving to sell your first child for a McLux PDIII...ok, not that bad maybe...but just you wait. :D

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now you need to get a Civictor (or L1P if you HAVE to have a clickie) from the Fenix store to fill in that gaping AA battery hole you so clearly have....

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats how it goes. How many times have I said to myself, I`m going to get one anyway...so why not now. And of course, there`s the excitement of checking the mailbox to see if your new honey has arrived...and the heart wrenching disapointment when they haven`t. And the thrill of spending that first night, alone, with your new love. Some poor souls live thier entire lives with only a plastic 2 D cell thing, never knowing true light.

We need veriety. We just can`t be loyal to only one. We need a whole herum of lights. We justify our needs in any way that allows the purchase. I need one for up close, one for throw, one for vacations, one for movies, one for walking, one for camping, one for showering, one for the car and a couple hundred for every day carry... ect.

Ken

Last edited:

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've bought over a hundred in parts in a few days because of a Mag85 build :p... some how a ROP build got thrown on top of everything to :D

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
nerdgineer...

Now you need to get a Civictor...

Aye, Civictor V1 is a smart little light...you know you want one LGCubana!
biggrin.gif

CFU

fire-stick

Enlightened
Badbeams said:
Thats how it goes. How many times have I said to myself, I`m going to get one anyway...so why not now. And of course, there`s the excitement of checking the mailbox to see if your new honey has arrived...and the heart wrenching disapointment when they haven`t. And the thrill of spending that first night, alone, with your new love. Some poor souls live thier entire lives with only a plastic 2 D cell thing, never knowing true light.

We need veriety. We just can`t be loyal to only one. We need a whole herum of lights. We justify our needs in any way that allows the purchase. I need one for up close, one for throw, one for vacations, one for movies, one for walking, one for camping, one for showering, one for the car and a couple hundred for every day carry... ect.
Ken
--------
WOW!! Isn't that how we all feel!!!
-------
Really man... Hide your wallet... even your change. I hid my wallet a week ago, now I can't find it so I'm collecting spare change from around the house to get my next fix......uh I mean light..

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
You guys crack me up. I'm glad I don't have whatever you all have. I really need my flashlights. I don't buy them because of some alleged addiction. I buy them because…

it's dark at night…

and I need them.

My 7 Surefires. My 4 Fenixs. Both my Inovas, both of my Golstons, and both of my Streamlights. My Nuwai, Huntlight, LR-10W, G&P Scorpion, Elektro Lumens Tri-Star Phazer, Dorcey spotlight and my Acro X990 HID.

I need them. You believe me… don't you??? I'm not sick like you guys… right???

I'm glad I don't have what you guys have!

Last edited:

TorchEnvy

Newly Enlightened
Yes, it is amusing how we all sit around anxiously awaiting the postal carrier or courier to arrive. FedEx from the west coast seems to have a lengthy "dormant period" in tracking the parcel. That's no fun for a tracking number where's-my-flashlight junkie!

When vendors ship FedEx or UPS, I have them send it to my office. Why? Do you think I want the driver collecting a signature from my tending-to-newborn wife for another flashlight? :sweat: Besides, the reception desk is always attended, but my wife might step out for an errand. And UPS & FedEx tend to come around 9 and 12, respectively, so I can ogle my new light at lunch.

And who wants the dreaded UPS sticky note on their front door indicating they've missed you?

I've certainly added a light to an order because "I'm just going to get it later anyway. Might as well reduce the per-flashlight shipping costs."

havand

Enlightened
In the past month or so, i've gotten or have committed to buying...

1) Jet-1 mk2
1) Jet-1 mk1
1) Luxogen cr123
1) Luxogen cr2
1) Jil clone cr2
16) K2 u bins
2) rcr123 batts
1)DSD charger
2) 14500

I still need driver boards, reflectors, BATTERIES!!!!

Probably will be on the list soon..

2) 14500
2) rcr123
2) 18650

When i get into something, i get into it, in a big way.

Going to make my first maglite mod if i don't find a better host. i figure 3 or 4 k2s should be blinding :grin2:

EDIT: Even worse, i've only been at this a month and i'm already thinking up ways to get a lathe/lathe time. Custom lights, here i come! Lol, shoot me.

Oh yeah, should probably mention that i'm a poor college student.
...Wait, what's eating? You spend money on what? Food? Why would anyone do that? But check out how bright this light i just got is....

Last edited:

havand

Enlightened
Oh yeah, i should probably mention that this addiction (which started a while ago..about 2 years ago? With my x5 and CMG IU then my dad's T4 for christmas...) also led to me buying new HID headlights for my car

LGCubana

Enlightened
havand said:
Oh yeah, i should probably mention that this addiction (which started a while ago..about 2 years ago? With my x5 and CMG IU then my dad's T4 for christmas...) also led to me buying new HID headlights for my car

Been there already. HIDs for my out of spec Eclipse GST.

Over the weekend I'll start looking into RCR123s.

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Yep. Got those too - HID high and low beams for my Nissan Altima SE-R. Because...

I need them.

Right???

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Not to mention the 400 watt high pressure sodium vapor HID wall-pack on the back of my house to illuminate my back yard. We're talking 51,000 lumens here.

BABY!

Light is good!

Oh yea!

Yep. I'm Glad I don't have what you guys have.

fire-stick

Enlightened
Flight_Deck said:
Not to mention the 400 watt high pressure sodium vapor HID wall-pack on the back of my house to illuminate my back yard. We're talking 51,000 lumens here.

BABY!

Light is good!

Oh yea!

Yep. I'm Glad I don't have what you guys have.

Hmmm... How many Cr123a's would it take to power this baby.. I bet I could EDC this thing. Still some people would say 51,000 lumens is not enough....
ohgeez.gif

havand

Enlightened
I bet with a reflector redesign and custom optics, you could get atleast 51,005, maybe even 51,005.3. I mean, damn.:laughing: