Suggested change to Striker user interface

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPF'ers ......
I recently purchased a Led Logic Striker. It is a great light. I know they have already modified thier user interface once. I have the "new" interface but I still think it needs improvement.
I have sent them a suggestion to improve the interface. Making more changes will just be a pain for Led Logic yet I feel that a change like this would help them sell many more lights down the road.

Regarding the current Interface -
1) The momentary press the button "High On" is a no-brainer and is very easy to use.
2) The quick double click to turn on the "Strobe Mode" is also very easy to use.
3) Getting into the third (or fourth) modes is still VERY DIFFICULT TO DO CONSISTENTLY.

What I suggested Led Logic consider…..
1) Leave the "momentary full on" and the "double click strobe" mode functions as they are now – they work well.
2) Modify the controller to recognize Three Clicks (made within two seconds) to enter constant mode.
3) And keep your current procedure for adjusting light level (that is – once in "constant mode if the switch continues to be held down, cycle through the brightness levels – releasing the switch sets the level).

So to enter strobe mode I double click twice like I currently do.
And full power "momentary" still works as it always did….

But New……
To enter constant mode I click three times within two seconds (and then hold down button if I want to adjust brightness).
I really think this would make the interface to this light much easier to use for just about everybody.

The way it is set up now drives me crazy.

Thehappyman