My new Mini LGI - -OMG!!!!!!!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am at work so I can't spend a lot of time writing this, but I just received my mini-LGI, and all I can say is Oh my Gawd!

What an incredible little light! This sucker is BRIGHT! And the color is pure white with just a hint of blue. REALLY a nice color!

But, THE MOST INCREDIBLE THING is, this light is the first LED that i own that I can actually say, produces a BEAM of light!

Now, I own three other LGI Classics, and a BB500 and a MadMax, and an older ARC LS second, and an InReTECH 2AA, and a Streamlight 4aa, and 3C, and a Lambda illuminator, and I am probably missing some, and these other lights are great, some of them really bright, (my LGI classic is REALLY REALLY bright), but this is the first LED that I hve owned, that I can say, actually produces a BEAM, like an incandecent does, but with a pure white light that good LED's are known for. It still has a nice wide range of light that we have all come to expect from LED's, but the BEAM is just awesom!

Shining it across my "great room" (combo living room-dining room), it does not just "gently fill the air with light", it really PUNCHES THROUGH the night! I am impressed! GOOD JOB Mr. Bulk!

Now, the only problem, that actually turns into a GREAT FEATURE, is that, when the tailcap is twisted on all the way, the clickie does not turn on. HOWEVER, turning it off by, like an 8th of a turn, and it works just fine. SO, as this is my new EDC light, I will use this feature as a "lockout" feature, so that it does not turn on in my pocket!

I guess this is my "warm up" for my upcoming NexNeedle!

I know there have been other posts on this light, but I had to start a new thread about this!

GREAT JOB CHARLIE! (Mr. Bulk!)

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Damn, yet another bad switch??? Guess I shouldn't use the Novis any more...

Anyway as I posted in another thread, Green Mountain has responded and is sending me a few replacement switches, so if you do indeed have a defective switch, simply send it to me and I'll send you a replacement...

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by MR Bulk:
Damn, yet another bad switch??? Guess I shouldn't use the Novis any more...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you can find a better doner body for the mini LGI, go for it, but overall, I really like the design!

Hey, what is that green glow coming out of the bezel after I turn off the light?

Is that the "evil deamon" that you have trapped inside the Luxeon Star to get it to be that bright?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I agree and have to say it again!

great work Charlie !!!

the Mini-LGI is a true EDC ..

bernhard

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by BuddTX:
Hey, what is that green glow coming out of the bezel after I turn off the light?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If I'm not mistaken, that's another patented MrBulk feature..
wink.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Green Glow Spot, yes, I thought it would be cool to add that to this run. Thanks Vcal!

Banshee

Enlightened
"Hey, what is that green glow coming out of the bezel after I turn off the light?

Is that the "evil deamon" that you have trapped inside the Luxeon Star to get it to be that bright?"

IIRC, Charlie had to invite all the Island aliens over for a kegger and have them pee in a 55 gallon drum in his workshop....that glow you see is actually ALIEN PEE !!!!

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/cwm/cwm/****.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, you were right the first time. It's a demon. Maxwell's Demon to be specific
wink.gif
He's in there in the LED chip kicking all those electrons up to higher quantum states.

You didn't think that there was a natural phenomenon that could explain the action of these devices did you? Charlie has to cast many evil spells to force the demon in there and keep him under control. The batteries are actually just used to heat the case of the light and wake him up, the power that makes the light is perpetual motion as maintained by the demon
smile.gif