• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Fully Loaded Mag85

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selling my Mag85... I love this light but i'm broke and need money....
(Red Mag 3D, UCL, M2 LS Reflector, WA1185, Kiu Hi-temp Socket,
AWR Hotdriver, FM 9AA/3D Holder, 9 CBP 1650, NiMH Smart Charger)

$255.00 $245.00 $235.00 shipped
everything you need is there.. no buying parts unless you blow the bulb, but
with the soft start you shouldn't flash the bulb.. just take it out the box and
enjoy. i'll even charge the batteries for you! :)

pp: adamlaney[at]gmail.com

Last edited:

NetMage

Enlightened
Re: FS: Fully Loaded Mag85

Was the Hotdriver installed bypassing the mag switch?

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

NetMage said:
Was the Hotdriver installed bypassing the mag switch?

yes, the switch only turns the driver on/off
power for the driver comes straight from the battery contact

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

$215 if someone takes it tonight!
dang... nevermind then...

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

this looks like a good deal for those interested in the larger Maglites..

NetMage

Enlightened

Could I remove the AWR/switch module and put it in another Mag body without soldering?

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

NetMage said:
Could I remove the AWR/switch module and put it in another Mag body without soldering?

yep! but to be honest you can one from AWR preassembled for a whole lot less.. lol

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

the HD/KIU only goes in with a 5/64" hex-key..

I'm a bit surprised nobody bought this light yet.. I'm just thinking it's that people aren't in that creeping featuritis mode of purchase to realize that this is selling at basically the raw cost of materials (especially when you include shipping).

to ans. NetMage's other question.. the HD ckt puts no lamp current through the stock switch, only a few mA of current to operate the driver goes through the switch.. it has a total circuit resistance of about 0.015 ohm.. and half of that is the lamp socket (7mohm).. there is no way to have a brighter hotwire than using hotdriver... brighter and safer on the lamp (by orders of magnitude). The lamp will likely last 2-3x as long when using HD and you don't have to worry about 'instaflash' and as a bonus it protects the cells from over discharge!

I will help with a sales transaction should somebody need to use CC paypal, i can take CC and forward the post-fee remander on to nemul.

-awr

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

congrats.. look at the hotdriver page http://hotdriver.rouse.com to see the operation details of the driver and how it's set if you want to tweak the output.. also you can contact me any time if you have questions... good to see it sold!

-awr

Rookwood

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Nemul and Andrewwynn -

I'm excited about this - I was going to buy a turnkey Mag85 from a popular web dealer, but it isn't a regulated unit. Then I started collecting contacts and dealers to build my own, but I had decided to wait a bit because I have so many projects in progress at the moment.

This came up at the perfect time, and is probably going to save me hours, if not days, of legwork and assembly time.

Chris

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh it'll save a lot of time.. the HD is a decent value considering that you also get the KIU built-into the price and assembly.. this goes farther having the whole light! hope you really enjoy it.. and having it come pre-charged will make it more fun..

i recommend taking out the lamp before shipping.. my first mag85 was shipped with the lamp in and it got broken in transit!

-awr