Pila GL4 (new) vs Wolf-eyes M90-13v?

camshaft

Newly Enlightened
Thinking about one of the 2 above mentioned lights in the near future. As it will be a duty light, it will probably only see recargeable batteries. It will either be the Pila with the 550 lumens bulb or the WE with the body extension kit through PTS with the 13v bulb.

Both lights are almost identical in overall dimensions. The Pila for the kit I want will be approx $180 vs $140 for the WE.

Without using primaries the output of the GL4 is 250 lumens for 60 mins (w/ 550) or 170 lumens for 120 mins (w 300 bulb). The WE with 3/4" body extension claims to put out 300 lumens for 60 mins.

Anyone comment on these 2 comparisons? Better yet, any beam shots available? I would like to order by the beginning of the week

Thx

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
I'll be receiving my Wolf Eyes 13V next week, hopefully, so later I should be able to comment on one of them. However, one thing I noticed about the GL4, is that the run time should be limited to 5 minutes at a time to avoid overheating, but I don't recall that warning with the Wolf eyes.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
camshaft said:
Thinking about one of the 2 above mentioned lights in the near future. As it will be a duty light, it will probably only see recargeable batteries. It will either be the Pila with the 550 lumens bulb or the WE with the body extension kit through PTS with the 13v bulb.

Both lights are almost identical in overall dimensions. The Pila for the kit I want will be approx $180 vs $140 for the WE.

Without using primaries the output of the GL4 is 250 lumens for 60 mins (w/ 550) or 170 lumens for 120 mins (w 300 bulb). The WE with 3/4" body extension claims to put out 300 lumens for 60 mins.

Anyone comment on these 2 comparisons? Better yet, any beam shots available? I would like to order by the beginning of the week

Thx
I have been using 3 RCR123A 3.0 volt protected regulated cells in my old style Pila GL3, and would recommend going with those cells and charger for duty use. I never run my GL3 for very long - just a short burst to see the interior of the "clients'" vehicles or to check over the "clients", and then off again. The LED tail-cap works really well for the initial contact.