Do we have any CPF'ers in India?

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering how many CPF'ers in India we might have.

I'll be honest, I'm looking for someone to help buy some stuff for me and ship it over to me here in the USA. Hopefully I can find someone to help. Thanks.

Mad1

Enlightened
Im just curious as to why you want to buy lights from India...

Are they cheaper over there? Good exchange rate? :thinking:

amlim

Enlightened
Sinjz said:

I'll be honest, I'm looking for someone to help buy some stuff for me and ship it over to me here in the USA. Hopefully I can find someone to help. Thanks.

please check your pm. thanks.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sinjz said:

I m from India... *currently outside* but will be visiting some time in November...

PM me if you need anything, may be I could help..

ViReN

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mad1 said:
Im just curious as to why you want to buy lights from India...

Are they cheaper over there? Good exchange rate? :thinking:

The moment you get *any* flashlight from India, you would want to throw it in bin ... they are all crap... (comparitively made in China are atleast a billion or zillion times better in quality) ....

Local Flashlight brands (include Eveready, Nippo, GE etc) but they all are crap... quality is down the drains... really...

you wound not want to get a flashlight from India even if it was for free..

Tachyon

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks,

I'm an Indian flashaholic and have been on the forum for a long time now. We do have very good value for money luxeon flashlights being made in India. Waterproof, tough ABS bodies and great value for money to boot. A 1W 3AA luxeon flashlight will cost approx $10

Cheers
Bopanna

Last edited:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tachyon said:
Hi Folks,

I'm an Indian flashaholic and have been on the forum for a long time now. We do have very good value for money luxeon flashlights being made in India. Waterproof, tough ABS bodies and great value for money to boot. A 1W 3AA luxeon flashlight will cost approx $10

Cheers
Bopanna

if this is really true, (man.... I must be out of touch with India)
Where are you located by the way (any place in south?)
ABS or PVC or Plastic? Regulated? or Super Drive? :D
No mass marketing? (is it sold through TV-Shopping?)

I admit, Last time I checked a 'High Quality' Eveready & Nippon($0.50) 2D & 4D (plastic and brass) lights was sometime 2 years back. Others were of the order of $0.05 literally!... Ever since I discovered CPF... and got a couple of HAIII Lights never looked back.

[
[font=&quot]WARNING: Sarcastic [/font]mode ON]
On a Side note! Funny though!: in 2003 I enquired about Nichia BS T rank (5mm)... and they told me it was like $10 a LED :mad: (not to mention shipping and other 'taxes') ...I ultimately got around 100 BS LED's from Nichia USA (@$2/LED)... and got charged :drool:200%:drool: in import duties, $87 for UPS Shipping... it was still cheaper by a good at $6.87 per LED... all inclusive....
India now has Luxeon Distributors :laughing:? Is it really viable to buy a Luxeon in India? What bins? "OYAK" Lux I or high end "PV1L" Lux III? are they charging $100 (10 times more powerful... so the cost :mad:) for such a LED :D :ohgeez:

I hate the way they "Loot" Poor Indian Consumers .. with so called "High Quality Products"

[/[font=&quot]Sarcastic [/font]mode OFF]

Yes, I really had very very bad experiences in buying a Good & Reliable flashlight in India... but thats how I discovered CPF :)

Tachyon

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Future Electronics is the Lumileds distributor in India. Prices charged here for the luxeon LED's are the same as US prices + freight costs from singapore. There are a lot of LED packaging units in India namely Andslite, Luke Electronic Devices and Kwality electronics in Hyd.

I live in Bangalore.

Bopanna

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bopanna :)

I have Dealt with Kwality.. they use Cree Dies for Blue LEDs :) that time they were charging around Rs. 25 for Blue and around same for the Green per LED, quality of Kwality electronics were reasonably good..

Nice to know that some one from Banglore is here :) ...

ViReN

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that Future Electronics in Bangalore? If so, they're a worldwide distributor based out of Montreal. I think their Asia region is based out of Singapore.

Tachyon said:
Hi,

Future Electronics is the Lumileds distributor in India. Prices charged here for the luxeon LED's are the same as US prices + freight costs from singapore. There are a lot of LED packaging units in India namely Andslite, Luke Electronic Devices and Kwality electronics in Hyd.

I live in Bangalore.

Bopanna

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not actually looking to buy lights from India. I'm looking for something smaller.

Thanks for replying ViReN and Tachyon. :thumbsup: I'll try to get a PM to you soon and see if you guys can help me out.

Tachyon

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the Asia operations for Future Electronics is based out of Singapore.

Viren you're right about Kwality using Cree dies. Times have changed now and things are a lot cheaper in India if you know where to find them.

Are you from Bangalore too?

Cheers
Bopanna

Tachyon

Newly Enlightened
Hi Perfectionist,

Bangalore is good for those that prefer a fast paced and noisy life. I for one dislike it :mad: and would prefer to move out to more rural surroundings.

The city is mostly full of young people and is a party hotspot. On weekdays the traffic is very congested and it takes over two hours to travel from one end of the city to the other.

Cheers
Bopanna

Haz

Enlightened
I remember one of the members bought a single AA minimag from India, can't seem to be able to find that thread anymore, I wonder how that light is doing.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sinjz is not looking for any flashlights from India by the way but something much more important & perhaps urgent too so I'm sure he'd appreciate any help in this area. :)