BLASTERS HAVE ARRIVED !!

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
The long anticipated (by me, anyway) Blaster II has arrived today.
grin.gif
I will begin shipping them out tomorrow.

Blaster_II.11.jpg

I apologize to anyone who didn't realize that it would be the end of the month before I shipped the product. That was the reason I gave a discount price.

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
I'll be watching the mailbox very closely now. I can't wait to get mine. Thanks for all your efforts Wayne. I'll post my thoughts on this light once it arrives and I have a chance to play with it.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure the "wait" will be forgiven once it's in their hands knowing your mods, and now a flashlight designed from the ground up!

Zinje

Newly Enlightened
WOooooooo HOoooooo!!

I can't wait! This will be my very first LED Flashlight other than my CMG Reactor.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Banshee:
so..did you get green after all or just the gold and black??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Gold and black only, this time. I'll check and see if I can get an ETA on the next shipment, which will be only black & green.

Wayne J.

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
So, this is a torch designed by a torchaholic for use by torchaholics! A very nice piece of work, Wayne.
It would be really cool if you could get the torch's body colour to match the LED colour. I don't know whether you can get anodising in cyan, although I've heard some rumours of some m*g torches being made available in this colour!
I am really pleased with my Elektrolumens product (a modded 5W cyan m*g torch). My torch has now assumed security duty at our monthly bike meeting. One flash of the torch sends any potential light fingered bike thieves scarpering, with spots in thier eyes from its blistering beam!
Well done Wayne!

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by EMPOWERTORCH:
So, this is a torch designed by a torchaholic for use by torchaholics! A very nice piece of work, Wayne.
It would be really cool if you could get the torch's body colour to match the LED colour. I don't know whether you can get anodising in cyan, although I've heard some rumours of some m*g torches being made available in this colour!
I am really pleased with my Elektrolumens product (a modded 5W cyan m*g torch). My torch has now assumed security duty at our monthly bike meeting. One flash of the torch sends any potential light fingered bike thieves scarpering, with spots in thier eyes from its blistering beam!
Well done Wayne!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Anodizing can be done in any color, basically. Black and green seems to be the most popular. I have one, only one, red one, which I may put on eBay, as it is not spoken for.

We shipped out 10 flashlights today. I'm starting at the beginning of the list; First ordered, first shipped.

I'll try to ship out the rest on Monday. Flashlights should star arriving to you Mondy or Tuesday?

Wayne

bucken

Enlightened
Just received my Blaster II today!
grin.gif

But first the bad news... (sorry, Wayne) The Blaster II that I received was Black, even though I had requested Hunter Green. I know that Wayne had mentioned earlier on that he would not be getting any Green, but shortly after that, he again stated that he WOULD be getting Green in. So rather than change my preference, I just let my order remain for Green, and hoped for the best. With that said, I am NOT unhappy with the Black. It is very professionally finished, and looks GREAT! The tiny grooves which extend along the entire length add a lot to keep a secure grip! Overall fit and finish is EXCELLENT!

The only other point of criticism is that the 3 "D" batteries really RATTLE around quite dramatically, sideways (imagine a big tumbler full of those really big ice cubes)! Measuring my batteries (Ray-O-Vac Max) I found the average O.D. to be app. 1.295 inches. The I.D. of the barrel measures app. 1.390 inches. Maybe someone can recommend some sort of "sleeve"?

There, I've said it, and that's as bad as it gets! I think it actually sounds worse than it really is, as this is still a definite "Keeper".

As far as the light goes, initial impression is MOST FAVORABLE! It's hard to believe that you can get this much light from just a 1W Luxeon. It's not dark yet, but I just had to make some comparisons in our dark basement. As the pic shows, this light really "Blasts" the light out the front. I should also mention that it's not just a narrow beam, either. There is still more than sufficient spillover light surrounding the main, central beam.

For comparison, LH is my best Lambda Illuminator, Center is Blaster II, RH is E1/KL1.

fcb05679.jpg

It's difficult to see the actual color in the pic (the Blaster's brightness just wipes out the camera's color registration), but the beam is just a very light shade toward the blue side. The bluish tint is really not that noticable until you start comparing luxeons.

From what I've seen so far (can't wait until dark), I suspect that the Blaster II will EASILY out-throw any other 1W Luxeon that I have. The 30mm collimator really seems to add a lot to the light efficiency.

I'll definitely be in line for Wayne's new "Zorch?"

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the "CMG Infinity" trick. Take a yellow "post it" and wrap it around the battery.

OR, take a strip of masking tape, and one layer at a time, (or even half a layer!) wrap it around each battery until the rattle stops.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
bucken, I'm jealous... No playing with a Blaster II for tonight.

Must... wait... patience...
icon15.gif

grin.gif

bucken

Enlightened
AAARRRGGGH! It's now dark outside, but it's pouring down raining! But I can tell you this much... NO other 1W Luxeon has been able to light up my 55 yard target backstop in the backyard. But the Blaster II will, and that's through the double sliding doors, from inside the house! Not as intense as a Surefire E2 or 6P, mind you, but there's no mistake that it can reach out.

S4MadMan

Enlightened
Nice! I'm eagerly antcipating my Blaster II, too. I don't think I'll have to wait too long as I'm only 40 miles away...
grin.gif

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone received their Blaster II today. My mailbox was empty. If anyone got one, post your opinion of this light. I feel like a little boy the day before Christmas. I am going on a family retreat in a couple of weeks and can't wait to pull my Blaster out of the bag to show off. Wayne, what is the current timeline on your 3 to d battery holders?

My Blaster is coming!!!
yellowlaugh.gif
yellowlaugh.gif
yellowlaugh.gif