• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Where to find LionHeart Upgrade Instructions?

StanTeate

Enlightened
Is there a thread or link to the Lionheart/Cub upgrade? Specifically, how to remove the PWM, any special gotchas?

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the 'buzz' around this series of lights has moved over from this forum to Flashlight Forums. A visit there will give you all the info as to benefits etc of this mod. I have not seen any info here about the upgrade to a fully regulated driver.

You also might want to contact George at http://www.taskled.com/.
He designed and built both the boards in question. He is very helpful and will answer any questions about his products.

Swapping LED's and removing the driver is very quick and simple. However I do not believe that the new driver is sold separately. You have to send it in to one of the designated modders . Could be wrong on this last point.

Very glad to see more users appreciating electronic side switches.

StanTeate

Enlightened
The other Forum said that you could purchase an upgrade kit and do the upgrade yourself or purchase the kit and have Chop do the upgrade. I assumed that the do it yourselfers were provided instructions and posting on the web is the easies to distribute. My driver is not removing easily and I do not want to damage it. Just wanted to know if there is any tricks to removing it.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Stan,

Some of these boards were epoxied to keep them from twisting along with the battery tubes. This would cause the micro switch to hit the switch housing and cause problems. otherwise it should come right out if you've removed the leads.

StanTeate

Enlightened
The negative wire had a kink in it as it went throught the hole and was binding keeping the board from releasing. I did get the board out but he negative wire broke from the stress. Now if I can just find out where to get one of those buttons that go through the center of the board and contact the + side of the battery.

Latest posts