Opinions on Wolf Eyes Eagle-4 or any other wolf eyes lights

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
I'm planning on getting one as my big bright flashlight to light up things far. I'm trying to stay small in size, cheap(but somewhat reliable), and non rechargeable since this one won't see much use. I wanted some opinions on how durable the lamp is, how weather proof the flashlight is and how the tail cap mechanism also works. I don't understand on the PTS site if they are talking about momentary tailcaps or clickies. I would like to also know of problems you had with your light. thanks

Pokerstud

Enlightened
Hello,

I have the 6AX ( 120 L ), the 9AX ( 200 L ), and the M90X Rattlesnake ( 300 L ). The tailcaps are all clickies, with momentary feature ( not twisties ). They seem to be very well made, real tough, 'O' rings in all the right places. Good fit and finish. Great price, a 300 Lumen flame thrower for under $75.00. I highly recommend these lights. Make sure you email Mike at PTS to set up an account, you'll save about 10%, and he is great to deal with. The lights are rated as shock proof, don't know how this is done, but I bought a spare bulb at the time I bought the flashlights. I have had mine for about 2 months with no issues.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Raider 9TX with the 4x LED tailcap for secondary low light. I am very happy with mine, I have the choice of 3x 123 cells or 2x 18500 rechargeable cells without changing anything except the cells. Cant go wrong with this one, good luck choosing one.

ugrey

Enlightened
I have one. I like it. The Eagle 4 sits next to my pistol, beside my bed. It is as bright as a SureFire P91 and is supposed to run for 1 hour. It has a larger hot spot than a P91 even though it has a larger reflector(1.75). I still have my first set of batteries after 3 months. So, I cannot tell you how robust it really is, or what the real runtime is. I got it for $69 plus shipping. The Eagle 4 tailcap is a clickie. Push in a little and it comes on, push in harder and it will click and stay on, until you click it back off. My tailcap does not have the LEDs but does feel a bit too large. It is a chunky piece. At the same time I bought the Eagle 4, I converted my SF Z3 into a Z4 using an extender and a Digilight 4 cell lamp assembly. It is 10% brighter and it still of course has a 1.25 size reflector. It has a tighter/smaller hot spot than the Eagle 4. My Z4 fits in my pocket much better, and with a smaller hot spot, it is better for outdoor use. You can buy a 4 cell Digilight flashlight from them for $99 that will be virtually the same as a Sure Fire 9P with an extender. I like the Z4 a little better, but, for a "beside the bed light", and at $69, the Eagle 4 is hard to beat.

Last edited:

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I like what I'm hearing. Looks like I'll get one. I would still like to hear other's opinions especially on weatherproof and bulb durability.

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
I have a problem with them. Their always begging me to take them out and play with them. So sometimes I have to go outside (country) and take them for a walk. Hot, cold, dry, rain or snow, they don't care, as long as they get to play some.

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my M90 rattlesnake with the optional extenter for 3 18500 and the 13v lamp. Great light for the price and Mike is great to deal with.

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
can anyone tell me the difference between the rattlesnake and eagle 4? i see style and weight is one difference along with focusing ability. anything else?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's mostly it. I have an M90 that I use in two configs; 9V lamp running on two 18650 li-ions, and 13V lamp on 3 150A li-ions. The 9V gets the most use from me because of it's extended runtime (1.33 hrs).

WE are great lights. You won't be disappointed.

vortechs

Enlightened
KSH92474 said:
can anyone tell me the difference between the rattlesnake and eagle 4? i see style and weight is one difference along with focusing ability. anything else?

The focusing ability of the Eagle 4 is the main difference between it and the M90 (Rattlesnake). I found my focusing Eagle 3 had more artifacts than my non-focusing M90, but I don't know what experience other people have had with artifacts in the Eagle series.

I've been very happy with the M90; I can run it in many different configurations:
2 x 18650 cells with 9V D36 lamp
4 x CR123 cells with 12V D36 lamp
3 x 18500 cells with 13V D36 lamp (and 1/2-cell extender)
4 x CR123 cells with M100X head