Voided the warranty on Arc AAA

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Probably been done, but I couldn't resist unimproving it.
site1052.jpg

Turned the threads off of the head and made a press-fit brass bushing with an (about) .475"-56 thread. Shortened the body by .570," and bored and threaded it. Well, it is supposed to be a keychain light, right?

Larry

LongThrow

Newly Enlightened
Nice mod!,
That N cell Arc sure looks nice, since I run a Batonlite that uses 3N cells...the 4th one can be used for the keychain. I wonder if Arc has thought of making one of those? Minumum size while still running say 3 hours on one N cell?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Thanks, LongThrow,
Maybe I'll do a burn time on it tomorrow. I've also got a 10mm saphire (cost more than the light) that will "fit" with a little work.

Larry

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
that is nice!

i first saw the picture and said to myself, "he fattened it?!"

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Thanks, Rothrandir,
I figured somebody was going to ask "What's holding it together- the HA." (Just about
smile.gif
) If the burn time doesn't give up too much to an AAA, Peter could offer them. (He might want to add about .020" to the O.D., though.)

Larry

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Thanks, Tomas,
I did "peel" an Eveready N and the cylindrical body is ++! (As are Duracell AAAs) (And darnit!)
SurefireM6,
Thanks, but it's back on the keyring, and you'll have to blind me with that M6 and steal it
grin.gif

Larry

Tomas

Banned
shocked.gif

Huh! I didn't even consider that, Larry. I guess the chemical makeup of an alkaline cell must make that the more logical layout.

Now I'm going to have to peel a few myself.
wink.gif

tomsig02.gif

_ ^..^ _

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Burn time results with fresh? (2006) N cell was 3:45 to "moon mode." After Just short of 6 hours, I can look directly into it "point blank" without leaving with a green spot. Still enought light to read under the blanket in bed though. (If I still did such things
grin.gif
.)
Edit: at 9 hrs, time for me to crash and its still going! Now I understand "moon mode." Turned it off for a few minutes, and back on. Was like I had replaced the N (for about 1 minute.) It's back in moon. Will continue tomorrow night.
Larry