Luxogen 1W AAA: anyone tried it?

Illum

Flashaholic
kevinm said:
I found this on eBay. Has anyone tried it or have real info on it? I'm wondering about runtime, bin, brightness, and what the lense is. How are the other Luxogen lights? Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-1-Watt-Luxeon-LED-Flashlight-w-AAA-Battery_W0QQitemZ270019203399QQihZ017QQcategoryZ117110QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,
Kevin

never seen it before, but judging from its specs...1 watt lux w/ 1AAA battery...assuming theres a step-up circuit, I would believe it may have the runtime somewhere near that of a Fenix L0P, but thats just a guess.:sssh:

by the stats, the brightest 1AAA 1 watt light is the Peak Pacific:grin2:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/peakled_pacific.htm

i dont think it would get any brighter than that.:ohgeez:

If I have some :sigh: extra cash I'd buy it and try it out, theres no way of guesstimating the bin without taking it apart or looking at the beam:ohgeez:

kevinm

Enlightened
Illum_the_nation said:
never seen it before, but judging from its specs...1 watt lux w/ 1AAA battery...assuming theres a step-up circuit, I would believe it may have the runtime somewhere near that of a Fenix L0P, but thats just a guess.:sssh:

by the stats, the brightest 1AAA 1 watt light is the Peak Pacific:grin2:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/peakled_pacific.htm

i dont think it would get any brighter than that.:ohgeez:

If I have some :sigh: extra cash I'd buy it and try it out, theres no way of guesstimating the bin without taking it apart or looking at the beam:ohgeez:

They are all close, runtime-wise, unless the circuit is horrible, I know. What I don't know is the Luxogen brand. Are they effecient? I heard that the build was good on the 123 version.

The Pacific has that huge head, which I don't like. It also puts out less light overall than my Fenix E1. Better throw, though. The Ultrafire is supposedly brighter than the L0P with less runtime; I'm wondering what they chose for this one.

I was hoping someone had one, had taken it apart, and found the circuit to be really good, super effecient, easily moddable (or containing as SXOH emitter), and wanted to sell it to me for $1.25. More realistically, I was hoping someone had taken one apart and done some beam shots and a runtime graph. I can probably afford one more light if I eat rice for the next week...

Thanks,
Kevin

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
kevinm said:
They are all close, runtime-wise, unless the circuit is horrible...
I think that's exactly the point, is the circuit horrible or not? Overall, the Fenix circuit designs are charcterized by pretty good driver efficiencies for their price range. The cheaper Fenix clones can come close to the Fenix in output but many of them fall short in efficiency, i.e. run time, compared to the Fenixes, so the jury is still out for me until I see some run time results on any of these Fenix clones.

As an example, my Ultrafire 1AA 1W light (602A?) runs about 60% as long my Fenixes on the same battery. That is not a small difference. Given the already short run time of the L0P, a 40% loss of run time would be quite significant, so I'm waiting this one out...

kevinm

Enlightened
nerdgineer said:
I think that's exactly the point, is the circuit horrible or not? Overall, the Fenix circuit designs are charcterized by pretty good driver efficiencies for their price range. The cheaper Fenix clones can come close to the Fenix in output but many of them fall short in efficiency, i.e. run time, compared to the Fenixes, so the jury is still out for me until I see some run time results on any of these Fenix clones.

As an example, my Ultrafire 1AA 1W light (602A?) runs about 60% as long my Fenixes on the same battery. That is not a small difference. Given the already short run time of the L0P, a 40% loss of run time would be quite significant, so I'm waiting this one out...

Yep; hence my request for info.

Isn't your Ultrafire brighter than the corresponding Fenix? I recall that was the result with the AAA versions. If so, the comparison of the two different AA lights is about design *and* effeciency. If the runtime is within 20% that of the L0P, good enough. 40% loss would make it worthless, unless the brightness were hugely different.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waion over in the Dealers forum is selling some lights with the Luxogen branding, you might want to inquire with him; he might even be the eBay seller as well.

kevinm

Enlightened
Waion has decided not to carry this one, siting low demand. I'm not sure if the demand would be low, but with the L0P prices dropping, he could be right. Then again, the AAA small Huntlight appears to be selling well at $40 and this other is on eBay for about $24..., same finish...

He had no info, and didn't pretend to know anything about this light, much to his credit.