Set me straight, make sure I have Proton facts correct

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, from what I read, I gather the following about the LRI Proton. With Photon Freedom which I have, if you press and hold from off, it will start off dim and ramp up. When on if press and hold it will ramp down from full brightness (then go into other modes). With Proton, if you press and hold from off, the red led ramps up and the whites remain off? There is no way to ramp up from off with the white LEDs, only ramp down from full power? If this is so, this is kind of a bummer. I have used the freedom such as in a movie theater to ramp up from dim. Also there is no way to set a particularly level and have it come on by default when you turn it on (like you can an eternalight).

Just want to make sure I have my facts straight. I very much like my new Huntlight FT-A2 and pretty much liked my Fenix L1P as well but amongst other things like the wider spill the Proton offers.

gnomedad

Newly Enlightened
Correct on all counts. Sorry if this nixes the Proton for you; I've had mine for several weeks now and it's my EDC of choice. Only complaints are the squirrelly tailcap (though it's OK), and wishing there were an easier path in and out of momentary mode.