Modded Eletrolumens Blaster 1R

Norm

Retired Administrator
I've just replaced the star in my blaster from a PYAH to a UXOK, bypassed the electronics 1 ohm in series with the LED, about 800mA. Wayne is making a deep cap for me so as I can use 3 C's. What other options for 4.5 Volts will fit in place of 2 D's?

Norm

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
Cool. How much does Wayne charge to bore out the tailcap?

As far as other power options go, you could use a 18650 Li-Ion cell. Lengthwise, you'd need a dummy C-cell. And you would need something to place around the 18650 to make up the diameter difference. I've used a multiple wrapping of cardboard. Durable? No. Cost effective? Yes. I've modded both my Blaster 1R's this way.

Another alternative is that two 14670 Li-Ion cells will fit side-by-side perfectly in a D tube. Wire them in parallel to get 3000mah capacity.

WARNING! - If you don't have any experince working with Li-Ion cells, forget this suggestion. They must be used within strict gudelines to avoid seroius damage. I know Wayne does not care for them at all. But you did ask for alternative power sources, and I have made many Li-Ion mods without incident.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 x 1/2D would probably fit really nicely! 18500 cells are the length of C... get some protected cells from AW or emilion to avoid problems mentioned in post #2.. you will have plenty of space to wire them up in a PARALLEL configuration to get a 3.6AH+ pack.

-awr