HHHHmm Pretty Pictures

ktronik

Enlightened
front view.jpg

top section.jpg

what can mount on a bike...but driven from batterys & / or bike dymano's...maybe this... who knows, its just a picture...at the moment... :grin2:

Pictured IMS 27 reflector...

enjoy

Ktronik

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its quite nice looking..

I have one But tho... The but is: You should use those plastic, acrillic, or whatever they're made of,, type reflectors... That is, if you want to ride among normal terraffic!!! (tarrefic,, terrefick,, what ever,, I hope you know what I mean..)

Those luxeons are a pain if you can look straight into them!

If you have your beam directed nicely on the street, there is too much angle to look directly into the luxeon-junctions, that can be annoying !

Regards,

Ra.

ktronik

Enlightened
B@rt said:
Could you please shrink your pics to 800x800? that is the max size allowed to post. :ohgeez:
:thanks:

Hey B@rt

:ohgeez: My bad... sorry... I should have done it first...

Max is 738... she kool now??

Cheers

Ktronik

Hey Ra,

I know where you are coming from!!! In fact the Germans feel so strongly about this that my bike lights would be ilegal... as the top of my beam is not cut off...

But this is made for off-road racing... not really street work...you would need much less light for the street...

Best

Ktronik

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'm sertainly not comming from germany.. But I think they're right..

As for the lights... For offroad racing they are OK! (if you want my opinion..)

I'm working on a similar project for my bike, but I,m going to use them for the streets..

My idea is to make 3 heads like you drew, one is pointed downwards to the street, and the other two are pointed higher for "high beam" mode.

I think it will take a year to complete this because I'm not in a hurry..

Regards,

Ra.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Niceeeee, you're good...
Make a compartment in the back for some Li-Ion cells.... That way it will still run if you go slow or stop...

Cheers !!

ktronik

Enlightened
The best idea for that I have seen is a guy from Germany that has only half of a reflector with the luxeon facing UP insted of foward...simple & smart... my fav... :)

The other method I have seen is the 6 / 25 deg optics...

Good luck & never give up...that way you will be sure to win...

enjoy

Ktronik

ktronik

Enlightened
bombelman said:
Niceeeee, you're good...
Make a compartment in the back for some Li-Ion cells.... That way it will still run if you go slow or stop...

Cheers !!

That's right, you got it...in fact the idea is to custom config...

So you could have:

all dynamo powered w li-ion back up

all dynamo powered w cap back up

A dual dyno & battery @ the same time...to save juice but still have lots of light @ slow stuff...

or all battery...

Running 3 1w/3w/5w/K2 or what ever...

My dyno circuits max out @ 14w @ 40Km/per hr...& w cap backup I am still lighter than a full battery set up...

That way for 24 hr racing you would have the HID on the head & the dyno on the bar... that way you are safe ir you HID runs out of juice 1/2 way round a 20km loop... :grin2:

Latest posts