ANNOUNCING THE LANDLUX

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
As promised in another thread I have built the first Landlux, a 4LED cyan 3D rubber torch.
The Landlux uses the same LED leadframe as the Benross 4033 mods I do, a direct drive 4 LED assembly. The Landlux torch is the ideal foul weather torch to keep in your car, lorry or 4WD and is aimed at users who have to venture out in all weathers. It is the bigger sibling to the Rubberlux (temporarily out of production until I can find a reliable supplier of 2AA rubber torches at the right quality and price.) It doesn't have the power of a Luxeon but its cyan output beam is powerful and really lights up the environment.
Cyan is the standard colour owing to this colour's great popularity in the sales of other torchss in the range. Cyan also gives maximum eye response.
The Landlux is designed with hardiness in mind and comes complete with batteries and lanyard as standard. The Landlux will also fit the holsters and accessories supplied to fit other 3D torches.
To buy: £15.00
This is the same price as the Benross 4033/4 modded torch, also in cyan.
Send a private Message to EMPOWERTORCH if you would like one.
Production in earnest to start early to mid Feb. and will be limited to batches of 6 due to supplier request.
Production of BTx series to commence shortly.
EMPOWERTORCH is looking for suitable workshop space on a weekend basis initially for torch production. Must be within reasonable distance of Coalville, Leicestershire. The whole process for the Benross and Landlux torches is transportable by motorbike, and can be done on a 4*1 m workbench. All I need is that work bench, 1 * 240V socket and plenty of light and I'm in business.
Please send private message also if you can help.
The Landlux torch, its ease of production and its market position mean that I can see torchmaking turning from hobby to business. I'm sure Maglica had to start somwhere when he said that torches needed making better!

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
Field testing of the Landlux to commence shortly.
The torch is to be put through its paces inm some real life applications and reports made on its performance. I shall also be taking the Elektrolumens modded luxeon out for more tests.
Revews for both torches will appear on this post.
Matt.
--------------------------------------------------
Initial comments on the Landlux:
The base torch is a well designed, easy to handle torch, much improved by the conversion to solid state operation. The prototype's switch is a bit stiff, probably down to newness. The entire body is covered in rubber and when cells are installed, the torch should float head-up in water. A lanyard fitted with a large toggle is fitted...not common on rubber torches and useful for carrying or hanging up when not in use.
Its size means that it is a task torch rather than an EDC. Nenertheless its size and startling cyan output gives it a commanding appearance. The large D cells should give the torch a very long battery life making this torch ideal for everyday hard usage. Its tough rubber body and solid state reliuability should make it the ideal rural man's torch, which is why it was dubbed the Landlux.
It is a good, no-nonsense general purpose LED torch.
A nice touch on this torch is the central lens in the front window which makes for a nice beam, although I prefer the Benross's beam, made smooth by its faceted reflector, myself.

More comments to follow once I've been out with it and done some nightwalking.

Latest posts