Anyone Dealt With TacticalFlashlights.com?

LedSled

Newly Enlightened
Forgive me if this isn't the place for this post, but:

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with www.tacticalflashlights.com. I placed an order a few days ago for a PT Apex headlamp. They seem to have the best price on the Apex ($60) and are geographically close, but don't seem to be responding.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should call my credit card company to disallow the charge. It would be helpful to hear if anyone has experience with these folks.

BillCurnow

Newly Enlightened
My method wasn't very scientific, but I randomly looked at 30 items that they sell, some in stock and others listed as out of stock. All have a "Stock Status Updated" of 12/19/2005. This suggests to me that they haven't been a going concern this year.

They have a Satisfactory record with the Kansas City BBB: http://www.kansascity.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=99124217

He appears active on eBay: http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=tacticalgearinc

There's at least one un-happy customer out there: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff149694.htm

Why not pick up the phone and give Burke a call at (913) 909-0608? I've had a number of my emails to merchants tagged as spam lately. Maybe that's why he hasn't replied.

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did :thumbsdow . I ordered a Pentagon L2 and i shouldnt of have because it hasnt arrived since (4 Weeks ago). Never Buy from there, They havent even responded to my Emails. Sigh... Money is gone.

Last edited:

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to go off topic... That Rip-off report site is quite entertaining. Some of the people entering complaints there are dumber than rocks.

For instance:
One woman blames Catherine Zeta-Jones because her T-Mobile cell phone doesn't work and a customer service person was rude to her.

A whole bunch of people are mad because the voodoo dolls they bought to make someone love them or that they bought to get revenge, don't work.

A whole bunch of people are mad that they didn't get rich with the 'envelope stuffing' kits they bought.

Another woman is ranting because her boyfriend is fat and for the last 5 years has been borrowing money from her but not paying her back.
:candle:

LedSled

Newly Enlightened
BillCurnow, I missed the eBay link. I found the others, but only after the order went in and I got concerned. The web pages' date code jumped out at me about the same time ... more reason for concern! The web site only lists a fax number ... your (913) 909-0608 number is a new one for me.

I also did a google search and found that that Burke and Susan Jones have their fingers in other web sales, as well as real estate seminars. www.whitepages.com found a number for Burke and Susan Jones at a matching address in Olathe, KS at (913) 768-1492.

skalomax, your experience worries me the most. There's no excuse for ignoring you that long, spam filters or not. If you used a credit card, I'd encourage you to dispute the charge ASAP. Non-delivery is something the card company should be very sympathetic to.

I may luck out, since I used a temporary "Shop Safe" Visa card number, and so far all it's seen is the automatic temporary authorization from the web order entry. Maybe a call to the credit card company can get it deactivated before a permanent charge gets posted to it.

I'll post updates as matters develop. Meanwhile, I'd appreciate any other information anyone has.

Thanks

LedSled

Newly Enlightened
Update:
1) A cancellation email has gone out to tacticalflashlights.
2) I had a call with the people at my Visa card issuer. As I expected, they see this sort of thing all the time. The procedure is to dispute a charge after it is actually posted, and that it can be done on-line. You don't pay the money, and the vendor doesn't get paid. After that (I'm guessing) he has to sue you if he wants to take it any further.

skalomax, you didn't say how you paid. I hope you've got some recourse.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Paid Via Credit Card. I called their number on the site but nobody answered! I guess im going to have to go to my bank? :ohgeez:

BillCurnow

Newly Enlightened
LedSled said:
I also did a google search and found that that Burke and Susan Jones have their fingers in other web sales
They also ran a site called FreePalm.com (or FreePalms.com). The basic scam is that if you sign up for a bunch of offers you'll get a free Palm Pilot. Similar scams involve iPods, XBoxes, etc.

LedSled

Newly Enlightened
Boy, what an education! Thanks, BillCurnow.

skalomax, you should definitely get in touch with your credit card's customer service 800 number. Don't wait.