Streamlight Night Com Flashlight

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody bought or examined one of these lights?

http://www.brightguy.com/detail.php?Sku=STR51021

I really like the basic concept of a mode selector dial, and also like the selector's safety setting that locks out the main switch.

The reason I've never bought one of the SL Twin Tasks is that I would dislike having to cycle through the various modes, firing up the incan bulb once each cycle.

Clicking through LED modes is OK, but having to click through the incandescent mode to turn the light off, or to switch from hi-LED mode to lo-LED mode, strikes me as not a good design. Stresses the incan bulb unecessarily and wastes power.

Wish the SL Twin Task line had a selector dial like this.

Razor

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to be able to tell you how it is, but I too am sharing your boat and wondering how it is. There's a surprising derth of literaure about it on this forum, at least from what I could find. Anyone out there have one?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are plenty of hits on "night.com" here on CPF using the new Google search bar at the top of the page...

dragoman

Enlightened
I just bought one with Green LEDs on B/S/T....awaiting its arrival, I'll post a review when I get it...

dragoman

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just mailed it to ya!

I like keeping the Red one in the car. I used the green in my backpack (lack of use for sure). Not a surefire(def not an A2) but really solid and amazing for the price.

The dial(GITD) does take some getting use to but once mastered is cake. I like having the options and really like this piece.

You're gonna like it!