waiting for a replacement from surefire is surely longg

L4fanatic

Newly Enlightened
I have been waiting for a return of a kl4 unit for more than a month now:( It all started out with me returning to surefire a greenish tint kl4 for replacement. I got a return unit like 3 weeks after sending the original one in. The replacement one was even worse than the original one, big donut hole and all:( So I made the decision to send it back in, big mistake by me I guess... When I called surefire today I was informed by them that they do not currently have a replacement in stock:/ I am not too upset really, just anxious.

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
They explained to me that different items are only made during specific production runs, and if you have the misfortune to require something which is out of stock it can be weeks/months before the part is available again. Which is why I own MORE THAN ONE flashlight. Still, I can understand how you feel about having spent good $ and having an empty hand when you need some light.

I suggest the following Rx to cheer yourself up, order a 9P body, KL3-BK LED bezel, and Z59 clickie tailcap. You will feel better, trust me...

Paladin

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! That's amazing! Sounds almost like one of those China plants. Would have thought that they were a bit more than a mom&pop operation after all these years and that they would have spare parts available considering the kind of clientele they give people the illusion of catering to. Maybe they've adapted the "just-in-time" manufacturing that is so popular in Asia?

Paladin said:
They explained to me that different items are only made during specific production runs, and if you have the misfortune to require something which is out of stock it can be weeks/months before the part is available again.
Paladin

L4fanatic

Newly Enlightened
Haha I forgot to mention along with the original post that the reason why I am not too upset is because I occupy myself pretty well with another L4, and an L5, sorry, yeah but waiting for surefire is a pain nontheless...