TerraLUX introduces 1W UV LED upgrade for AA minimags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's finally here - the 1W UV LED upgrade for the AA Minimag (and adaptable to 2-4 C/D cells Maglites as well).

Using a brand new to the market CREE XLamp 7090 emitter the TLE-5UV attains 200mw of radiant flux peaking at ~395nm.

For comparison's sake - the old TLE-4UV emitted 40mw, an Inova X1 UV emits about 15mw and an X5 UM emits ~75mw at most.

This is a big step forward in UV LED technology and I believe TerraLUX is the first to bring a product to market utilizing this chip.

Pricing and datasheets are on the website.

As always coupon code 'cpf2006' saves you 5%.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange as it sounds, it happens.
Collectors will pay large sums for certain flashy breeds of fish. Sellers have been known to paint the fish to look much fancier in order to inflate the percieved value of the fish as breeding stock.
This was once a problem about 20-25 years ago with koi.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to get one of those!
My Peak Kilamanjaro 5 UV LED light is great but I always wish for more power and I do have those Kroll switches laying around. Great find :D

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
We have a seven UV xLamp version if you want to damage your eyes :)

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all of the great orders!

I was wondering how most of you are planning to use these or what your primary UV uses are?

TIA.

Threepio

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these to go in my new purple minimag. I currently keep a UV X5 handy to shine on all sorts of things, I'm always surprised at what will fluoresce... Last night, it was a glass of Sangria that glowed a kind of dirty greyish-orange color. Tasted fine, though!
Cheers! --Bob

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Threepio said:
I bought one of these to go in my new purple minimag. I currently keep a UV X5 handy to shine on all sorts of things, I'm always surprised at what will fluoresce... Last night, it was a glass of Sangria that glowed a kind of dirty greyish-orange color. Tasted fine, though!
Cheers! --Bob

Oh, that's just from the anti-freeze they put in it. Happens all the time!:whistle:

dlrflyer

Newly Enlightened
While I'm not from the southwest, I've heard that the UV lights help spot scorpions in your home, which I'm guessing blend in under normal light. Can anybody verify this?

dental4usa

Newly Enlightened
I'm on my way to snag one of these. Thanks!!

OK, I bought it, but I had to get the tailcap too ... :)

I need this for better scorpion hunting. They look creepy when you see them in person, especially in your house! I don't want to have to crawl around on hands and knees to use my PremiereLight UV. This should work a lot better!

Thanks!

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
LumenHound said:
Strange as it sounds, it happens.
Collectors will pay large sums for certain flashy breeds of fish. Sellers have been known to paint the fish to look much fancier in order to inflate the percieved value of the fish as breeding stock.
This was once a problem about 20-25 years ago with koi.

Wow. So there actually ARE forged fish. Hmm, something about that fish looks... fishy.

:laughing:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some pictures sent in by a customer - pretty cool!

Normal Light
Scorpionresize.jpg

Under the TLE-5UV
UVScorpionresize.jpg

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great photo. Thanks for the UV upgrade. Now the scorpions have no place to hide. I'll be hunting tonight. Cheers.

THUMP88

Newly Enlightened
fxstsb - Saw a pretty nice 3W UV light from River Rock at SHOT, rep said they are in use w/ Japanese LE and will be available here soon. The light uses 3AAA / advertised at 100 lumens w/ 3 hr. run, was about the size of a SF 6P. He had a jar with some scorpions with him and they lit up like glow in the dark toys.

John

Harleydude

Newly Enlightened
MattK, The link on your website for the uv ministar doesn't seem to be working today.

Status
Not open for further replies.