Magled in other lights thread

mbirds

Newly Enlightened
The Magled modules are bigger than a regular PR bulb. Please post any success in using these modules in another light, preferably a transplant that required no modification, or minimal modification.

Last edited:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Magled in other lights?

I stuck one in one of those crook-neck military flashlights - popped in and runs just fine. It runs on two Ds.

PS: I mean a U.S. military flashlight, Vietnam era type thing.

berto

Newly Enlightened

I put one in an energizer 4d hardcase had to mod the contacts because the +and- had to be reversed but it works really good now.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast

We should really start a thread where people have found successful hosts for the MagLED module. (Preferably without alot of retrofitting.)

Similar to the SMJLED thread.

mbirds

Newly Enlightened

Ok, how about this one? I'll rename it a bit.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest another thread before giving any thought to a sticky. There's been 9 postings to this thread already, and this is the 10th and there is still no content in the thread. Can't see why you would want to make it a sticky.

The Value Bright line from RayOVac was mentioned as a low cost 2 cell host at http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130017

While it's not likely that there are many of these around, the Mag LED modules will fit into the PR bulb holders of the Streamlight alkaline lights (like a Mag, long discontinued.)

Last edited: