15 WATT LUXEON LED FLASHLIGHT.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
RCR123 cant even put out that much.. how much is that, 2A's?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is it, a cultural thing or what? It's really getting to the point where anything that is from China or that has English that looks like it was written by someone whose primary language is Chinese, is so full of exagerations (okay, plain ol' lies), that it's just not worth reading.

And I'm sure it probably also contributes to damaging the credibility of innocent people of Chinese ancestry who are now citizens of other countries (e.g. UK, U.S., Brazil, etc.)

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened
How the heck could you get such wattage from two cr123A maybe if it were three instead of just two. Besides it sounds like a bunch of malarky. Personally I like many leds instead of one luxeon better focus and color.

Illum

Flashaholic
now if he had a pic of a pentaLux III I would've believed it...:ohgeez:
but :wtf: a single die....I think its a typo, he meant to say 1.5 WATT LUXEON LED FLASHLIGHT:laughing:

From the pic he lost the luxeon lottery already, notice the blue tint on the luxeon, is that tint from overdrive or is it just a bad bin? :thinking:

mdocod

Flashaholic
We had another thread (joke) going awhile back... Wire up an electric space heater in series with a Typical LuxIII... 1500W LED light.. honest....

so.. assuming there are enough resistors in there to actually consume 15W.. that means the batteries will be pushing a nice solid 2amps...

lets have a peek at 2A drain results for some typical RCR123... (barrowing SilverFox's results from over in the batteries section)
Lighthound 800mah: 14 minuts.
AW: 4.4 minuts.
BatteryStation: 4.8 minuts
Powerizor: 16.5 minuts.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Super Super Bright, Super Super Long Distance !!! We test in the night, there is a white beam show!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe they got a good deal on some TX1W K2s! They could take the 9 volt forward voltage and hit it with 1,500mA for a 13.5 watt Luxeon light! The reasoning behind the 15 watt reading is truth in advertising... when the rechargable batteries expode they throw a voltage spike through the LED which exceeds 15 watts.

For now, I just keep using my 10,000 lumen 3AAA light that the flashlight model sold me. I think it's name was Pat.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told a story that had just happened last week about marketing flashlights in China. The story may be related to this new item. A manufacturer was promoting a 10 W flashlight and was soliciting distribution. The competition brought out their version of the light and called it a 15 W. The manufacturer stopped the distribution, was pullling the product to rename their 10 W now as a 16 W!!

It was explained to me by an aquaintance in China this was a cultural aspect to marketing and considered appropriate and is honest and expected in the context to the culture. I was told the Chinese term for this type of hype translates loosely into English as "exagerated wind". I understand now.

Accept the cultural diffferences and actions done in honesty, good faith and without malice and apply a healthy amount of CAVEOT EMPTOR and you will be OK on Ebay, or here or andy place else for that matter.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Northern Lights said:
It was explained to me by an aquaintance in China this was a cultural aspect to marketing and considered appropriate and is honest and expected in the context to the culture. I was told the Chinese term for this type of hype translates loosely into English as "exagerated wind". I understand now.

Are you sure it wasn't "breaking wind"?