Anyone have experience to this light fixture?

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Looks nice, but that's quite the price... for under-cabinet lighting that is.

And to me they look like 5mm LEDs, not Luxeon.

Last edited:

LedSled

Newly Enlightened
No experience, but I'm quite sure of 2 things:
1) These are not Luxeons, but 120 5mm LED's on a 24" strip
2) The strips use an external 12v power supply.

Important unanswered questions:
1) Whose 5mm LED's are they?
2) Is the "included adapter" one of those awkward power cubes with built-in outlet prongs?

Last edited:

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened
:candle:
Seems to me you would be better off with a 12" light bar from either Superbrightleds.com or another manufacture. 80 dollars is a bit much for a light bar keep looking either on Ebay or somewhere else. Yeah they are energy efficient but you dont want to spend it on the cost of it. :sold:

Fred :mad:

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
>Any guesses or opinions to this light?

I follow white LED light bars/strips/rods. They tend to be surprisingly expensive to buy and tedious to build, but I'm working the problem. Those are not 1/3/5 watt LEDs. You can tell from the tight spacing and modest size of the heat sinks. If they were Luxeon 3/5/10mm LEDs they would mention it as a sales point.

They don't say where it's from, so it's Chinese. They don't say what the color temp is, so it's blue-white. They don't specify output or efficiency, but that many LEDs would be enough to read by or light a counter nicely. I like that it has a metal housing and a radiator along either side. Those radiators will help with life expectancy. The three brightness levels is nice. The LEDs will not be matched by color bin, but you won't notice unless you stare into the face of it and look carefully.

It undoubtedly comes with a cheesey black wall-wort power supply, but that's not important, what you are paying for is the light. There is what appears to be an RCA mini-jack on the end where you can plug in any power supply you want. It comes with a thirty day warranty, which is plenty of time to try it out.

I haven't compared lukevsdarths' references, but I'd say if you don't mind the price, get one. By all means please come back here and review it if you do.

Latest posts