Brunton Glorb Led Opinions Please

joplin48

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Does anyone know anything about this light? Any opinions or is it just a toy. I'm interested in getting one.
There available at MEC in Canada

Here is the link
http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=304 Brunton Glorb Led
Glorb-LED
-It will run for 250 hours on just 4-AA batteries
-360 degrees of nightlight
-Two position switch
-weighs just 4 oz
-folding tri leg base

Thanks

Greg Joplin

Varroa

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

Culhain

Enlightened
I originally bought mine for camping, but my schedule has been to hectic to go.

A few months back, we had an overnight power outage due to a construction mishap. Several residences and my apartment building were without power, but the surrounding areas were not affected. There was plenty of ambient light. The Glorb received a 5 hour test until bed time. It lit up my living room just fine, but was not bright enough for much reading. I used it in the kitchen and had adequate light to prepare a simple meal. Under conditons of true darkness, such as in camping or a more widespread outage, the light would have been awesome. During my short test I was wishing for a bit more light.

I like the concept of this light well enough that I am planning on buying the River Rock version when my local Target has them in stock. The combination of both lights (or two Glorbs for that matter) would surely answer my needs come the next power outage.

joplin48

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Please give me information about this River Rock plus your opinions on the Brunton Glorb Led

Thanks
Greg Joplin

CLHC

Flashaholic
The River Rock Design LLC 1.5W LED Lantern are available at Target. This has also a strobe feature. It does put out quite a decent amount of light. There's discussion about it over in the Reviews and Spotlights/Lanterns/HID forums.

Others have reported that the Osram Golden Dragons are much better than the Brunton Glorbs.

Enjoy!

joplin48

Newly Enlightened
Could you please send me the link at reviews . I looked and did not see it.(RiverRock)

Thanks
Greg Joplin

joplin48

Newly Enlightened
It appears the Osram is much brighter. Is this true?
Where is the cheapest place to buy these in Canada/The States.

Thanks

Greg Joplin

Varroa

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody think the 4 LED version can be modded into a OSRAM? I was thinking that if the insides are the same (heat sink, circuitry, etc) then you should be able to add a Luxeon I and end up with something similar.

joplin48

Newly Enlightened
Re: Brunton Glorb Led Opinions Please/REALLY CONFUSED NOW

http://flashlightreviews.com/reviews/osram_gd.htm

I went and looked at both reviews Osram/River Rock. In the Osram review in regards to the Pict shown it appears the Osram is alot brighter. Yet in the written text of review I'm under the impression the RiverRock is brighter and the RiverRock is 4.5stars vs 4 stars.
Please un-confuse me.. Which is brighter and better.
God I'm addicted to Flashlights. I can't believe it.

Thanks
Greg Joplin

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
I have one; though it looked neat (and it uses leds) when I first saw it over the 'net. Too bad you can't test it when shopping online. Anyway, I was kinda disappointed with the output (having tested it in my darkened living room).

I bought some nite-ize c/d maglite upgrade leds and dropped one into a Dorcy 4-AA flood/flashlight (about US$4 at wallyworld). It has a carry handle that doubles as a stand; but I wouldn't drop the light into a puddle though. I find that this combination performs alot better than the Brunton with 4 leds; the total cost of theDorcy-led upgrade was also less.

My opinion only - good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

Latest posts