3- or 4-cell PR-base host

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a defective DB-3W (referenced in another thread) lying around. Flash-lights.com told me to discard it, but I just can't toss it. Now that a good DB-3W is sitting in my 3D Mag, I'd like to see if I can somehow use this extra LED.

So, is there a small 3AA or 4AA host that will fit a PR-base bulb - with NO REFLECTOR? The reason this unit is defective is because it won't focus right. However, without a reflector, it could be a very nice area light.

I'm thinking something that holds 4AA cells side by side, with the PR socket sticking out of the middle, would be ideal.

Ideas, please?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went to Wal*Mart, and they had it. Screwed in the DB-3W, popped in four NiMHs, and it works.

Thank you, Lit Up! :thanks:

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome.

I have one in 4D although it's made by "Ozark Trail." It's the exact same thing outside of the bottom part which is rubber.

I'm going to put one of those PR-SMJLED mulit-cells in it when they become available. Should get great runtime on 4D's. Nice alternative to wedging a standard flashlight between the couch cushions during a blackout.