3W AA Twisty?

flashlightguy

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone make a 3W 1-AA twisty that is small (no tailswitch)? I'd like something that I can run LiIons in, but will run on NiMH as well. I have a modded 1W Dorcy 1-AAA that works pretty well, but I'd like something brighter. Runtimes aren't that big of a deal since I have my ARC AAA with me as well for backup.

Is there a twisty body for the L1T? That's what I'd like, but I think it's too long.

Thanks

Last edited:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
umm... the L1T with the switch on the "ON" postion.
twist the tailcap to switch on or off.
there, a twisty 3w :)
note that when ran on an AA nimh or alkaline, it is about the same brightness at a L1P.
run it on protected 14500 li ion and it will run at full power! around 1.5 to 1.8 times more output :)

flashlightguy

Newly Enlightened
chesterqw said:
umm... the L1T with the switch on the "ON" postion.
twist the tailcap to switch on or off.
there, a twisty 3w :)
note that when ran on an AA nimh or alkaline, it is about the same brightness at a L1P.
run it on protected 14500 li ion and it will run at full power! around 1.5 to 1.8 times more output :)

The reason for the twisty is the shorter and possibly narrower profile. I plan on getting the full 55 lumens with the 14500 :grin2: , but the L1T seems a little too long for what I want. I'm really wishing I had a lathe. :ironic: