WOW.....Mr. Bulk's NexNeedle!!!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Re: WOW.....Mr. Bulk\'s NexNeedle!!!

Thanks guys, but please exercise Caution: while the NexNeedle is activated, one is to treat the resulting beam output as the Men In Black treated their pulsing Memory Eraser...heh heh.

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Damn! I need...want...need...want...need...want...NEED one!
twak.gif
twak.gif
twak.gif

yellowlaugh.gif
grin.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

I found out the secret to MrBulk's producing such bright flashlights! Anyone want to guess?
grin.gif

Roy

The runtime plot has been posted in the Reviews Forum.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Roy,
The dilithium crystal heatsinks and awesome bins of the 5W Luxeons no doubt
smile.gif
My Mini-LGI shows that to be true, as far as I can tell. I missed the Nexneedle, but knowing MrBulk, there will be new and fascinating things coming in the future.
Now to figure out why my profile is locked
frown.gif

Roy

The reason that Mr. Bulk's flashlights are so bright is that they all use three batteries....LGI uses 3xAA...MiniLGI uses 3xAAA and the NexNeedle uses 3x123!
grin.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

My mail today was completely boring. Not even any bills or good catalogs...

And certainly no boxes from Mr Bulk
frown.gif

Hopefully my mail next week will pick up a bit!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Roy,

All good things come in three's...

James,

Don't you just hate that? Waiting all day for the interesting package and then when you finally open the mailbox, all you see are "flat" packages, nothing 3D...!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Dizney's package was mailed the afternoon of Feb. 5, but then he is in California, the nearest state to Hawaii...

Banshee

Enlightened

Received my 2 NexNeedles today..and I'm in the People's Republic of Taxchusetts !!

crackerjack

Newly Enlightened

Charlie , Thank you! your quality and craftsmanship are outstanding.Received my Nexneedle today,got a chance to compare tonight WOW!!! .Super bright and white,tight spot with outstanding throw.It will become a primary
"bright light" carry. Thanks

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

As I was final-testing each one, after a while of the ol' "transfer-battery-pack-to-next-light-and-turn-on" routine, everything would start to look pretty ho-hum against that white wall as it seemed these lights really weren't that bright any more.

That's when I'd pull out the LGI or SF G2, do a side-by-side against whichever NexNeedle I happened to have in hand, and allowed the impromptu reality check to return the Nex's true-white beam and incandescent-like throw to its rightful place in my little flashlight kingdom -- just below the M6 and lemlux's 420-lumen DB4AA, and right next to the original Mag 2C Space Needle.

I really like this light, although I wish I could find something even smaller, just as bright (read good reflector), and yet still reasonably priced -- the search continues...

Dizney

Newly Enlightened
WOW.....Mr. Bulk\'s NexNeedle!!!

Charlie, you did it again!!! I just received my NexNeedles this afternoon and man are they bright!!!
cool.gif
cool.gif

Roy

Ditto! Got mine about 30 minutes ago and already have a runtime plot underway.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Hi Al,

X3? Hmmm, closest 5W white I have would be a W2...but I can't sell it, will be going into my EDC eventually if I ever find any time to build it (and decide what the donor will be).

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Roy:
The reason that Mr. Bulk's flashlights are so bright is that they all use three batteries....LGI uses 3xAA...MiniLGI uses 3xAAA and the NexNeedle uses 3x123!
grin.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">In additions to 3 bat, Mr. Bulk's secret access of high quality LS plays significant role for its *true white* light
icon14.gif
grin.gif

Charlie, I am waiting for your next batch with X3 binned LS
grin.gif

Alan

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine arrived in todays mail. I've had 3 nice hot new 123's just waiting for it all last week so it didn't take me long to get it powered up
wink.gif

I can completely agree with everyone saying how fantastic these lights are. just playing with it during the day is fantastic. I can't wait till it's dark and I can go play, hmm experiment with it outside.

This is fantastic work mr Bulk, thank you very much!

Now, I just want to know what you are going to do with the 300+ C batteries you've got left over from the promotional packaging
smile.gif

You have to spend a good deal of money on an incandescent light to get anything close to this good. The 5 watt LED's are really going to start digging holes for the more traditional lights!

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!

Charlie, just rec'd mine today and boy let me tells ya, "OMG". Every luxeon light that I own pales in comparison. Or should that be the opposite way around. Your light literaly stomps on the commercial grade luxeon lights, albeit yours is 5W and theirs is 1W, they don't even come close. This won's a keeper, thats fer sure. The whiteness of the beam, the output, is just awe inspiring. I'm at a loss for words. Thank you so much for making it available as I know this must be hard work.
P.S. I own the ARC LSH, the KL1/E2e, the CMG reactors II and III, and if I were to show a beem comparison by way of photos, you'd be hard-pressed to find the beems of the competition. They don't even exist when juxtaposed with the output of the NexNeedle.

Ed

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by MR Bulk:
Hi Al,

X3? Hmmm, closest 5W white I have would be a W2...but I can't sell it
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A W2! I see a tax joke there!

Seriously, a W2! Can you use it to see through people and clothing? (Remember the X-RAY vision glasses in Boy's Life?!
cool.gif

What are the ratings of the 1 watters and the 5 watters that you have sent out in the past? Q3?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Thanks guys, I really appreciate -- Your appreciation!

As for the 300 "C" batteries and the W-2...they're going to be related in some way but I can't talk about it right now!!!