Nice Fenix P1

robertl999

Newly Enlightened
Received 2 P-1 today, what a sweet light. Both going into our glove compartments in the autos.
Should be reveiving our Osram Golden Dragon today also. Will use for emergency lighting and outdoor eating on the patio table. Picked up 48 AA cells at Costco this AM, now awaiting for UPS delivery.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depnds on what you define as 'durable' I suppose.

Doubt you'd have any problems with one living in your pocket or one surviving everyday bumps and knocks - You certainly don't need to 'baby it' and keep it wrapped in cotton wool though.
smile.gif

Smart little light IMHO.

CFU

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
Fantastic little Powerhouse........ Very Durable, especially when you carry it in the mini Fenix carry case that comes with the light. The carry case is really cheap to replace and prevents any marks on the P1.
Happy with this one.

Thehappyman

lightsandknives

Enlightened
I love my P1 so much I ordered another. It arrived today DOA!! :rant: I tried it with Battery Station batteries as well as Surefire. Nothin'! Looks like it'll be going back Monday.

I hope they turn out to be durable lights. My hope is they will because they are one cool little torch!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
lightsandknives said:
I love my P1 so much I ordered another. It arrived today DOA!! :rant: I tried it with Battery Station batteries as well as Surefire. Nothin'! Looks like it'll be going back Monday.I hope they turn out to be durable lights. My hope is they will because they are one cool little torch!

sorry to hear about the DOA P1. fortunately you know what a powerhouse the P1 can be especially on Protected RCR123s. I've heard about other P1 DOA's.
I recently ordered a couple E1's one is great ! one was DOA.
IIRC the first Fenix lights, like the L1P had fewer reports of DOA issues. I am guessing that with the popularity of the Fenix line quality has been spotty at times. it seems that the light is either good or bad . The folks who sell Fenix lights are reputable and stand behind the product. It is still a good company with outstanding lights. this is why it can be said that you can't go wrong with a Fenix!

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Enlightened
I LLOOVVEEE my Fenix P1!!!! I take it out constantly to look at it.....hold it.....admire it.......its a Gem (cheap one too, lol)!!

Latest posts