Arc 4+ Forensic Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomC

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I purchased the Arc 4+ forensic kit #1693 in August 2004. It came supplied with orange goggles and a silver presentation tin. Can anybody tell me how many of these forensic kits were actually produced? And out of interest what kind of resale value may it attract? I doubt I would ever sell the kit as it is so collectable and the Luxeon LED outputs a wonderful blue light with a high UV content. Its kinda unique. Unlike many others on this forum, I have experienced no problems with the light at all so I'm guessing its a late evolution of the 4+ where the switching gremlins have been resolved? Anyway I will be interested to see what anyone has to say about all of this! Have fun, AtomC.

cy

Flashaholic
actually early ARC4+ have little problems other than hyper sensitive to battery length issues.

it's the later ARC4's that had all sorts of problems caused by HDS's hyper sensitive to cell length design.

if you have an ARC4 that works fine, odds are it will continue to work. very few failures of ARC4 boards reported.

don't know production numbers (low), but forensics ARC4's are very_desirable .

DallasA

Enlightened
AtomC said:
Hello all. I purchased the Arc 4+ forensic kit #1693 in August 2004. It came supplied with orange goggles and a silver presentation tin. Can anybody tell me how many of these forensic kits were actually produced? And out of interest what kind of resale value may it attract? I doubt I would ever sell the kit as it is so collectable and the Luxeon LED outputs a wonderful blue light with a high UV content. Its kinda unique. Unlike many others on this forum, I have experienced no problems with the light at all so I'm guessing its a late evolution of the 4+ where the switching gremlins have been resolved? Anyway I will be interested to see what anyone has to say about all of this! Have fun, AtomC.

Hi AtomC,

Peter could answer this question completely, but I figure I could help a little. There were very few made of the Arc 4+ forensic kit at the last I knew this was less then 40. The ID number is used in a combination of the forensic kit and the ARC 4+ ( meaning: the heads and bodies used for the ARC 4+ were also used for the ARC 4+ forensic. ) Based on you ID number this unit looks like it was one of the earlier models.

Hope I was able to help!

MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts