L1t With 123 tube Question

hurld

Newly Enlightened
Just wonder if anyone has found any rechargable 123a's that will fit my Fenix L1T with cr123 tube? I have 2 unprotected 123's I stripped the plastic wraping off that work for now(had to put a thin coat of clear finger nail polish on them to keep them from shorting out causing the light to stay lite all the time) I would really like to find some protected 123's that fit . Really awesome light otherwise , brighter than my friends P1 with a clicky. I'm willing to sand the inside of the tube if I have to. Thanks for any help!

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend NOT sanding the nekomane CR123 tube. 4sevens has stated that the tube is only 1mm thick at the narrowest part (at the o-ring).

chanamasala

Enlightened
hurld said:
Just wonder if anyone has found any rechargable 123a's that will fit my Fenix L1T with cr123 tube? I have 2 unprotected 123's I stripped the plastic wraping off that work for now(had to put a thin coat of clear finger nail polish on them to keep them from shorting out causing the light to stay lite all the time) I would really like to find some protected 123's that fit . Really awesome light otherwise , brighter than my friends P1 with a clicky. I'm willing to sand the inside of the tube if I have to. Thanks for any help!

I haven't found any protected ones that fit but there are Ultrafire branded 880mahs that fit w/o the need to take off the plastic wrap. I don't believe they are protected though. If you find any protected ones that fit keep us informed. I keep hoping AW comes out with new protected ones that will fit but beats me if that will ever happen.

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
I have a 123 body and did sand it down just enough to get a protected cell to fit snugly. The body seems sturdy enough after sanding the inside of the tube. However, I don't use any rechargable 3.6v with the L1T because there is no discernible difference in brightness level on my unit. Instead I have another 123 body (no mod done) that I use with primary cr123 in the L1T, whereas the L1P host with a flupic board uses the protected 123 and sanded down tube.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, just noticed this thread.

NutSAK said:
I would recommend NOT sanding the nekomane CR123 tube. 4sevens has stated that the tube is only 1mm thick at the narrowest part (at the o-ring).

The walls at the O-ring are 0.275mm.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could someone please give me *accurate* measurements of various RCRs?
Protected/unprotected, different manufacturers/dealers etc?
TIA

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
nekomane said:
Hi, just noticed this thread.

The walls at the O-ring are 0.275mm.

WOW! I knew it was thin but I never would have imagined it was that thin. The machining on these is second to none nekomane. Very well done!

X Racer

Enlightened
I have been looking everywhere for a cr123 body for my fenix LxT lights... Anyone know where I can get one ?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
nekomane said:
Could someone please give me *accurate* measurements of various RCRs?
Protected/unprotected, different manufacturers/dealers etc?
TIA

There is a thread on this in the batteries/electronics section. I and a few others posted several accurate measurements there using calipers.

I hope you find the information useful. Are you working on CR2 and CR123 tubes for the LxT?

-M

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blindasabat, thank you very much for the link.

As posted in this thread (post#275), the ID of the CR123 tube is 16.70mm. Not much room to make wider.

chevrofreak seems to have found protected RCRs that fit from JSBurly's, you might want to check them out.
And yes, I am working on CR123 tubes for the LxT :)

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah well...we don't allways get what we want in this life.
frown.gif

I'm sure those CR123's will sell as well as your last batch...I strongly advise any LxT owners to pick one up a.s.a.p - My 2xAA tube has never even been connected to my L2T.

CFU

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Casual Flashlight User said:
My 2xAA tube has never even been connected to my L2T.

CFU

HEHE!! The 1xAA tube has never been used on my L1T either. The combination of CR123 body on the LxT series makes a very versatile EDC light. I agree that these will sell wonderfully--there are lots of folks that have been waiting for this, as I'm sure you're aware.

THANKS NEKOMANE!

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are very welcome, and good to hear you are working on a battery tube for the LxT. I can't wait. I have both your CR2 and CR123 tubes for the L2P.
I'm betting that you may have to put a lip on one end and make it so the battery will only fit in the switch end end of the tube to have enough of a flat on the bezel end of the tube to activate the high level.

nekomane said:
Blindasabat, thank you very much for the link.

As posted in this thread (post#275), the ID of the CR123 tube is 16.70mm. Not much room to make wider.

chevrofreak seems to have found protected RCRs that fit from JSBurly's, you might want to check them out.
And yes, I am working on CR123 tubes for the LxT :)

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
This is an update to my last post here. My modified cr123 body is doing fine. I just noticed that one end of the tube (threads) is very slightly out of round; I may have noticed it when I first got it back, but deemed it minor and still is. This could have occurred during the sanding process, but does not affect the function. The inside surface is a little rough because it was hand sanded.I believe once it is a complete unit with the battery installed, the tube is reinforced by the other component.

Nekomane, if you were to produce some of the cr123 bodies with the thinner wall to accommodate, say a 16.8mm rcr123, I would definitely buy one. I think others would too. Just use the standard statement that you are not responsible for damages by buyer's carelessness.

Just as an exercise (in futility?), who would take a chance on a "rcr123" body besides me? I already have one (self modified), and it may be the only one.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dark Vapor,
As posted in the other thread (post#275), the walls where the O-ring is 0.275mm.

The 'slightly out of round' deformation you mentioned is exactly what I am afraid of.

The 123 body was made by redesigning the original CR2 body around thinner o-rings, and I was
not even confident that the bodies would fit all brands of primary CR123s.

Designing a new body around even thinner o-rings and making the ID wider by 0.1mm is possible,
but this will not happen for the next run, sorry.

I will definately keep in mind the demand for RCR usage in future projects.