K2 Light engine for Aleph light

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for someone willing to make me a K2 led light engine for my Aleph to run from 3-9 volts. I PM'd a couple of the modder's on here but haven't gotten any responses. Thanks

Last edited:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: K2 Light engine for Aleph 2 light

first thing first. upgrading to the k2 led will make it neither brighter nor dimmer.

the K2 will be able to handle 1.5A/1500ma easily.

Highest operating junction temperature available at 185°C(meaning it will work at this kind of temperature.)

Lowest thermal resistance at 9°C/W(meaning the heat transfer rate of the led which is good to have higher number e.g. 9)

and i think have a higher precent of lumen maintenance at 70% at 50000hours.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast

depusm12 said:
I'm looking for someone willing to make me a K2 led light engine for my Aleph to run from 3-9 volts. I PM'd a couple of the modder's on here but haven't gotten any responses. Thanks

I wouldn't do that. IMO with a K2 you will get more disadvantages. What kind of Led is in your light at the moment? What batt.-tube do you use?

Best regards

____
Tom

marcdilnutt

Enlightened

I made a K2 LE for my A19 and its not any better than a Lux 3, and the tints available in K2 at the moment arent exactly perfect. I wouldnt bother.
marc

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast

Long John said:
I wouldn't do that. IMO with a K2 you will get more disadvantages. What kind of Led is in your light at the moment? What batt.-tube do you use?

Best regards

____
Tom

Lux III ,2 cell Vital Gear body. What about a Lux V light engine.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened

With a lux V you will get a lot more light, but more in a flood pattern beacause of the larger die area not being able to be focused as tightly as the lux 3. It depnds on what you want the light for really.
marc

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's your intention?
The reflector in your light is optimized for your LuxIII led, I guess it's a T-bin.
You can upgrade to an U-bin with the same LE and it will give you perhaps a little more light, depends on the driving rate. For example with a BB500 IMO the MORE light is not visible without direct comparison.
With another LE and the same reflector and a LuxV IMO you will have less throw.
When the tint is ok in your light, I would let it.
You can get an Aleph3 head here:

http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.c...age=2&osCsid=23d693dd94b6bb1bcb956341d5b24588

and build a Trilux like this one:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/125767

It's much brighter than yours and every LuxV light. It's my usefullst light with a very great woww-factor.:)

Best regards

____
Tom

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I sent an email to Don (Mr. McGizmo himself). He said for the Aleph 3 w McR-38 Joker reflector the K2 would work great. I just need to find somebody to make me one.