MagmaLED availability

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple question: Anyone got any idea when the Technology Associates MagmaLED droping replacement will be available again? I've finally managed to scrape together the necessary funds to buy one, then I get to the site, and find it's out of stock...figures.

Guess I'll have to go and buy yet another bulb for the blasted thing then...which will probably last me a bit longer than the last one (a grand total of 20 minutes before the light rolled off the work surface onto the concrete floor...D'OH!).

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not an opalec newbeam? If I'm not wrong, it's only slightly more expensive.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mainly because this is actually to go into a 2AAA MiniMag, and I know the MagmaLED fits, if I remember correctly, the Newbeam's a replacemend for the PR base bulb in to C and D cell versions isn't it?

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, the Opelec Newbeam is for minimags, but it will only fit in the AA, not the AAA.

I sent email to techass a week ago and they said they are expecting more magmaLEDs in March.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and believe me the NewBeam is WORTH the extra 7 or 8 dollars in your MM AA! The MagmaLED is much better in the MM AAA but BE CAREFUL when installing.