Mini Mag LED thoughts

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
After seeing the drop in modules I get the impression that the mini's will basically be using the same engine in a smaller body.
I think it would make sense for mass production. Would also allow for the focusing as in the bigger lights.
What do you think?

Spade

Newly Enlightened
I have not taken mine apart, but I have looked down the battery case. The module appears to be very similar if not the same as used in their large-cell LED flashlights.

Regardless, I think this was the best $23 I ever spent on a flashlight.

S

steve_vance

Enlightened
webley445 said:
After seeing the drop in modules I get the impression that the mini's will basically be using the same engine in a smaller body.
I think it would make sense for mass production. Would also allow for the focusing as in the bigger lights.
What do you think?

I'm told that they ARE properly heatsinked, so you shouldn't see the same dimming-with-prolonged-use phenomenon as the larger lights.

Spade

Newly Enlightened
I ran mine for about an hour last night and I noticed little, if any dimming. It was not a scientific test by any means. The housing did get warm.

S

Supernam

Enlightened
4 D rechargable's with a 3-D bulb perhaps?

3D Akaline= 4.5v
4D NiMH= 4.8v

Might overheat for prolonged usage, but also might put out more light??? Someone help me out.