• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: M6-R custom packs (6.8V and 7.5V) for SF M6 - withdrawn

wquiles

Flashaholic
I am working on some new packs for my M6 so I am putting my my two M6-R packs for the SureFire M6 for sale. These are NOT the same packs that Jim (js) built. Jim sold some extra parts/cells that he was going to use to make additional packs, so these packs use the same raw identical parts and batteries that Jim used in his packs, although I had to do the full wiring, solder, and assembly using some custom pieces done in my lathe, and grinder, along with some suggestions/tips from TheSteve. The cells are not brand new since Jim bought them some time ago, but I have done actual runtimes in each pack so you will know what to expect from these packs. Here is a short description of each pack:

1) Pack #1 (Set to 7.5V). You can read about my first pack here . This pack has the LVR set to 7.5V so it works awesome with the MN15, N2, and the MN20. With the N2 I get about 60 minutes of one of the best beams coming out of a SF Turbo lamp ;) . This pack has about 7-8 cycles till the warning pulses, and I top it off every couple of days to keep it ready.

2) Pack #2 (set to 6.8V). Pack number 2 I just finished yesterday, and it is set to the default LVR value or 6.8V, as shown here , so this pack should only be used with the lower voltage bulbs like the MN21 and the MN16. This pack is new, and I just finished cycling the pack and got exactly 15 minutes of full-time regulation until the warning pulses with the MN21 bulb.

Each pack is properly marked to remind the owner of the voltage for each pack. Each pack comes with a mating charging cable which ends in banana plugs. The charger is not included. You must provide your own multi-cell NiMH charger like the Triton (or similar).

Charging jack:
IMG_6568.JPG

Pack #1 (set to 7.5V) is on the right. Pack #2 (set to 6.8V) is on the left.
IMG_6570.JPG

IMG_6571.JPG

IMG_6572.JPG

Both packs are built with the delrin ends, so they slide into the body of the SF M6 fairly easily, although I found first hand that the body of the SF M6 is not 100% concentric so you might need to turn it one way or the other before the pack will slide in. Pack #1 (7.5V) is a little tiggher fit in my personal M6 than pack #2 (6.8V) - you should never have to force the pack into the body of the M6. I will give each new owner a full week after receiving the pack for warranty. If you are not satisfied, ship the pack back to me and I will refund the price of the pack minus s/h. The packs should work perfect for you as they have worked for me, but I want you to feel confortable buying a custom part like this. Of course the pack is not built/designed to be dropped, abused, or charged improperly, so please use caution and common sense ;)

Additional pics for the charging jack:
IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6116.JPG

IMG_6117.JPG

Price for pack #1 (set to 7.5V) is (withdrwan) since it has a few cycles in it already, and it includes s/h/insurance in CONUS, as well as the mating charging cable.

Price for pack #2 (set to 6.8V) is (withdrawn), this is the new pack which includes s/h/insurance in CONUS, as well as the mating charging cable.

First post here, without conditions, withouth questions, stating "I will take Pack #1 (7.5V)" or "I will take Pack #2 (6.8V)" or "I will take both" takes priority over any post asking questions, or over any PM's.

Payment only via PayPal, cash or credit same price, to "wquiles" [at] "hotmail" {dot} "com"

Thanks for looking,
Will

Last edited:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: My two, built by me, M6-R custom packs (6.8V and 7.5V)

Sorry, spoke too soon.

jeffb

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Two M6-R custom packs (6.8V and 7.5V) for SF M6 - reduced!

These things are still here!!! :ohgeez:

Wow, I thought they would be gone already. If you have a M6 but don't have a rechargeable pack, you guys NEED this pack. JS's design is awesome!

Free bump.

MSax

cy

Flashaholic

another free bump...

if I didn't already have one M6R pack and another coming. I'd be all over this.

NMH high current discharge packs are much safer than high current li-ion packs. especially when re-charging.

biggest bognus is you can instantly switch to std M6 pack for mission critical app's. no extensions needed...

seattlite

Enlightened

OMG....no one bought this yet? I'm very tempted in picking up the 7.5v pack for $80, which is IMHO is BARGAIN!!! However, I already have a JS pack, and let me tell you....running the MN21 guilt free is well worth the price of these packs!!!

All one would need is one of those $30 "Universal Smart Chargers" to charge these packs, and you too could have guilt free lumens with your M6!!

BUMP!

wquiles

Flashaholic

Thank you guys for the free bumbs. Like you, I though these would have been gone right away. Maybe today? :grin2:

:bumpit:

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Two M6-R custom packs (6.8V and 7.5V) for SF M6 - reduced again!

withdrawn - no longer for sale.

Will

Last edited: