River Rock krypton\3led going on clearance at target

ecnica

Newly Enlightened
I was Target earlier today and seen the River Rock kryton\3 led lights on clearance, they are currently at the 25% stage I guess since the price was $10.98 I believe, eventually if there is any left overs they'll get down to the $4-5 range. They also had some led headlamps by cyclops with a tiny bity led and reflector on clearance for like $5, this light looked to be half the size or less from the River Rock headlamp, no mention of the type of leds or batteries on the package. By the way this is was in the Frisco Texas store.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
On paper, this looks like a decent light, pretty useful ... like a cheap Streamlight Twin Task light.

However, a few poeople here have bought it and reported that the krypton bulb is all but useless. :(

Still, at 50% off ... ;)

Solar Wind

Newly Enlightened
:drool: I bought one about a year ago from a Target here in S.E. Pa. . Nice beam on the LED setting. Seems to work well with some 900 mah nimh Kodaks they had on clearance then. I noticed they came in a light and darker finish, didn't say why both seemed type II .

ecnica

Newly Enlightened
I'm using the bulb from the mini mag and it seems brighter(the one with the green band at the bottom), I also dropped in the xenon bulb from my SL TT 1L and it made a really big difference, I'll have to order a couple of more bulbs for my SL TT 1L since I'm down to 1 only since the original burned out, then I'll put one on the RR permanently.

Bror Jace said:
On paper, this looks like a decent light, pretty useful ... like a cheap Streamlight Twin Task light.

However, a few poeople here have bought it and reported that the krypton bulb is all but useless. :(

Still, at 50% off ... ;)

BlackDecker

Enlightened
I own one of those lights, and the 3 LED's do a great job of illuminating a room. Like everyone else said, the krypton bulb is pretty worthless. The body is thick walled, very well constructed, and there are a lot of threads on the tailcap to gain access to the 3aaa carrier inside.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
If you use a bulb from a 2AA light in a 3AAA light, you are over-driving it.:sssh:

No wonder it seems like an improvement! However, bulb longevity is anyone's guess. :whistle: