Anyone Else addicted to flashlights

joplin48

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I never thought flashlights would grab hold of me like they do and whisper in my ear, brighter,bigger, buy.
I now have a Fenix L1T,a River Rock Lantern is on the way and I'm very interested in getting my hands on a

GLO-TOOB FX
I just hope that some form of darkness continues to show up for me and my flashlights.
I don't imagine anybody else can relate to this.
Tell me your story.
We need to support each other.

Thanks
Greg Joplin

LawLight

Enlightened
Yeah, I'm in kind of in the same situation. The addiction hit me slowly, but it is taking hold. I can't resist. In the past 3 weeks, I've bought a 10x Dominator and a new A2. Got a 3 tritium Raw NS on order from Rob now. When will it ever end????

Kev

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
meep. don't bother asking who is addicted to flashlights here.

the answer is EVERYONE!! :)

welcome to the light hobby.

SCblur

Enlightened
Don't worry joplin, you're in good company here. We're all hopeless addicts, long since bereft of hope and money.

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
:huh2:nope.......there's no such thing as flashlight addiction.....

It simply doesn't exist.

In fact, a globally populated forum such as this one (CPF) is proof positive that we're all in perfect control of this hobby.

Hiding receipts is completely normal. Placing flashlights in strategic locations (hiding) in the house, vehicle and workplace is......again completely normal.

Canceling subscriptions to Playboy and/or other magazines to spend the money on new lights is.......completely normal. Getting excited over posted beamshots in place of Playmates is.......again completely normal.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of that new $200 light, just to gut it as soon as it arrives so you can "upgrade" it is completely normal.

Passing on a new production light because it has some detectable machining marks is completely normal. It is a tool, but it damn well better be flawless, right?

Spending an hour or so after dark every day comparing the beams and brightness of every light in your collection is......again completely normal.

And, showering only by the light of a flashlight is completey normal. Doesn't everyone do that?

Spending hours of freetime to generate runtime graphs, and comparative beamshots for battery types is......completely normal.

Having co-workers ask: "why do you carry all those lights all the time?" is completely normal.

Wasting a few minutes every morning to decide on which light to EDC that day is completely normal.:whistle:

Knowing what EDC is....is completely normal.

Getting on a waiting list for custom lights and/or components, and paying loads of money in advance is completely normal.:sold:

So, as you can see from my examples above, there's no such thing as flashlight addiction. Its a myth. Its a rumor. Perpetrated by those who collect Hummel figures to take the heat off of themselves. Just put your mind at ease. We're all living proof that flashlight addiction and flashaholism doesn't exist.:lolsign:

Last edited:

yekim

Enlightened
I am not addicted, I can quit whenever I want. Just one more light. That is all I need. One more light to use for power outages on tuesdays after a new moon, that is the last niche I need to fill. Then I'll be done.

DaveG

Enlightened
Not me,far as I know most people have at least 40 or so flashlights.:lolsign:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're asking that question here? That's like going into a bar and shouting "WHO LIKES BEER?!?!?"

:lolsign:

Illum

Flashaholic
I tell myself I am NOT ADDICTED TO FLASHLIGHTS AND I DON'T NEED ANYMORE FLASHLIGHTS!

so far....im hopeless
at least i'm normal, Once I had a neighbor with an obsession about collecting old tires...

We as flashaholics know, its not just about having light for fun, to some of us its our lifeline