Mini-Maglite LED 2 AA 3 Watt Beam Shots

Flame

Newly Enlightened
Just thought I would try and post some beamshots of my new Mini-Mag 2 AA LED. I have to say, I think they did good on this one. Got it at Wal-Mart today, and I hadn't seen anyone post any beam shots so I thought I would try and post a few for those interested. It has a much deeper reflector than the old incans and I think thats the reason the nice throw it has. I think its brighter than my stock Q3 with a RCR123 but not quite the quality of beam. This is my first attempt at posting beam shots so give me a break guys.

Stock Mini Mag 3 watt LED (White wall at 3 feet)
DSC04065.jpg

Stock Q3 with RCR123 (about 3.7 volts) (White wall at 3 feet)
DSC04066.jpg

MM on left Q3 on Right (White wall at 3 feet)
DSC04067.jpg

MM at Fountain 20 Feet

DSC04068.jpg

Q3 At Fountain at 20 Feet
DSC04069.jpg

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics.

Would you be willing to do a runtime test?

rookie

Enlightened
Thanx for the beamshots. You did a great job.

It looks really promising. Can't wait to find one at Target, no Walmart's around me......

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flame said:
Sorry, I would, but I have no light meter.

ahh I'm not that technical in regards to percentages of output. Just want to know how long you have useful/navigational light. (I.E. Not twisting your ankle on something)

Haz

Enlightened
looks good, thanks for the beamshot, would next like to see a comparison to another 2AA led light, Fenix L2P, or Jetbeam, Huntlight etc.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's an impressive beam. Deep reflector is good news for the throw. I suppose we can do a number of things to the optics to turn them into close up task lights.

Darn nice beamshots, Flame.

I'm guessing they are built in such away that the circuitry is hidden. Could you see any heatsink or does it appear to be an unsinked module?

I'm all excited about this. Hope the Shoppe is loaded up with Krolls.

dehnehsu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the Beam Shots!

Heads up Calif. Bay Area. Got mine at the Mountain View Wal-Mart. They had plenty of 3 and 2 cell AA Maglite LED's on the pegs. The 2AA cost me $23.74. The LED's looked pretty well centered on most of them. I think sometimes the plastic reflector gets a little tilted in the head. The LED seems to be off center at times because it doesn't quite seat into the reflector base perfectly. Mine has a very nice white tint. Probably the best tint out of all my LED lights! I'd say to my eye it's about as bright as the Dorcy Metal Gear. It's nowhere near as bright as the Fenix L2T.

1/4 turn of the head will turn it on giving a nice flood (with soft hotspot). another 1/4 turn will give you the spot, Anymore and you get donut holes! I'd say the focusing does work which is rare for LED's (much more usable than the Nuwai X-3)

AlexSchira

Enlightened
I'm very curious about what kind of runtime both lights have, it's been barely a day since these things appeared, I can't decide on a size until I hear runtimes. I have an open-ended leather holster that would be ideal for these longer lights, and worst comes to worst, I get both.

Also...
Haz: Props on the icon, made me want to dig out my Eva DVDs and go through another yet another marathon, great show.

squirrel

Newly Enlightened
yup, run time plots and autopsy of them just like that 1 person did on the D cell magliteLED's.

and a L2T MMLED beam shot comp.

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in my Wal-Mart last night and they didn't have any other of the Mag LED lights except for the D sized ones, which they've had for a few weeks now. I check the flashlight section every week for any new stuff.

Last edited:

Flame

Newly Enlightened
AlexSchira said:
I have an open-ended leather holster that would be ideal for these longer lights, and worst comes to worst, I get both.

They come with a nylon drop in holster very similar to the ones that come with a the incan 2 AA Mags.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your holster is like this one it works fine with the 3 cell version, but the 3 cell is one long light, a bit over an inch longer than a Stinger. The output is very nice, don't know about the run time though.

AlexSchira said:
I have an open-ended leather holster that would be ideal for these longer lights, and worst comes to worst, I get both.