Hey you sweet tooth members out there...

AshA4

Banned
I was visiting with the rents this past week and one subject came up about candy.

Does anyone remember those candies that melt in your mouth almost as soon as you put it on your tongue? I think they were peppermint or spearamint flavor and real light in weight. They were almost like that sponge chocolate candy without the chocolate.

Does anyone remember the name and if there were an online retailer to get them I as well as my parents would be appreciative!

Last edited:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only thing that comes to mind is buttermints.

I've never had the ones I posted the link to, that's just what came up when I Googled "buttermints." Good luck.

:buddies:

AshA4

Banned
I believe those are the typical "mints" you find at the cash register at any local restaurant. Thanks for the link though.

IIRC the ones I am talking about are maybe round or oval in shape? I think if you bit one there were almost "air pockets" inside? This was a long time ago for me, I remember having them at my grandmothers house when I was a teenager.

AshA4

Banned
:awman: I don't think those are the ones. I think they were just a solid green color?

We have a Cracker Barrel around here, the restaurant with all the farming equipment on the walls, perhaps I should check it out.

Thanks for the info and links...still looking!!

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
AshA4 said:
:awman: I don't think those are the ones. I think they were just a solid green color?

We have a Cracker Barrel around here, the restaurant with all the farming equipment on the walls, perhaps I should check it out.

Thanks for the info and links...still looking!!

If they were solid green, I would think they were spearmint...

But those are REALLY light and start to dissolve really fast.

JM-99

AshA4

Banned
Sounds kinda like them but that's not it. Circa 1980's sounds about right the last time I had these.

Thanks a lot for all the input!!!

Still looking!!!!