Anyone have this light or seen it in person?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one. It is OK but less impressive than it's appearance would suggest. It is conservatively driven by 3 D cells so it does not put out THAT much light. As the LEDs are switched on in parallel, 3 LED's are not 3X brighter than one. Maybe 3 LEDs were twice the brightness of 1 LED lit.

One LED lit was - as I recall - a little less bright than my EL XM-3. 3 LEDs were a little brighter than my XM-3, although they may have put out a wider beam outside the hotspot. The LEDs color varied (one whiter, one yellower, one greener) but together they put out a pretty white beam as the white one came on first.

Several people found this light worked better when driven with 4 nimh C cells than 3 D cells, which can fit in the body with a little cutting of the spring and wrapping of the cells to keep them centered. You'll have to search for those threads.

Overall, I found the Streamlight propoly 4AA lux to be a more useful light: brighter than the Nuwai on 1 LED and much smaller. My dorcy 1W 3D LED light (metalgear?) puts out more light than the Nuwai does with all 3 LEDs lit.

It is however very sturdily built and would make a better club than the Streamlight or the Dorcy.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Body styling is very similar to the Ombu/Nuwai/River Rock type of LED flashlights. It says "cool white" LED light. I'm guessing leaning towards the blue[ish]? :thinking: