New products from Surefire?

lukus

Enlightened
Does anyone know anything new, or rumoured, to be coming out from Surefire. I know there was talk of a AA light, but I just don't see that being much of a possibility with the rest of their products using lithium batteries.

Specifically wondering about small led lights. The E1L is still pretty big when compared to most other single CR123 lights. HDS shows that you can make a small, bulletproof light AND have a ton of features. I'd like to see them shrink the length of the E1L. And making it two stage with a clickie would be even sweeter.

My wish list from SF would also include a G2 nitrolon body in hunter orange or even glow-in-the-dark. Really high on the list would be an LED drop in replacement for the P60 bulb. Something with about 20 lumens for good, useable light and long runtime; and heatsinked so it works in the G2 without the overheating problems the aftermarket drop ins like G&P have. That would give new life to some old 6Ps. And a G2 with orange or GID body and the LED would be almost mandatory in bug out bags or home/office emergency kits. Some kind of mounting bracket to screw to a wall and keep your emergency G2 light handy and easily available would really seal the deal. With the big blackouts in NY and St. Louis this year and the huricanes last year, more people than ever are buying emergency flashlights, so the market is there.

What would you like to see.

dmz

Enlightened
I wish SF would come out with a G2 with clickie and 1watt led.

SCblur

Enlightened
I would like to see SF release some smaller, non-tactical, LED products w/ multiple brightness settings. (IE, the pocket rocket)

I would also love to see SF officially supporting third party rechargeable cells in their LED lights. By supporting, I mean boring their tubes w/ larger ID's to accept 17670 and 18650 cells, and of course, warranty coverage for customers who use the rechargeables.

I can dream, can't I?

Last edited: