Does anyone DISlike the ProPoly Luxeons?

Do you like the ProPoly Luxeons?

• I have the 3C, and I dislike it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't remember ever seeing a negative comment about the Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeons, in either 4AA or 3C. I was wondering if anyone has had a rough time with either or both of these lights.

yekim

Enlightened
The only thing I don't like is that I do not own one yet.

There have been a couple threads relating to switches failing and some other minor stuff, but that is going to happen with any light that is as extremely popular.

They definitely have become a benchmark standard.

GrooveRite

Enlightened
I have the SLPP4AALux and love it!! What a great light!! It was alot smaller than I actually thought it would be from looking at all the pics from online. Pleasant surprise it was! :grin2:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
On adding "had" to the poll, I was thinking that people could choose "have one and liked it" or "have one and didn't like it," without having to specify when exactly they had it. Knowing how long people keep their ProPolys is important, but beyond the scope of this particular poll.

Changing the batteries is indeed much easier on a well-lit, flat surface, but fortunately, the battery life is so long (and useful) that my 4AA is still on its original set of batteries even though it was my first real flashlight. I've had it for several months already.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a great light!! I find myself taking it into the house then back to my truck, and so on and so on, eventually i am going to get another one,.!!

thezman

Enlightened
I had one of the 4aa LUX models.

On the first set of new alkaline batteries, after a week of on and off use, three batteries measured at 1.45v and the fourth was dead flat.

On the second set of a different brand of new alkaline batteries, after 2 weeks of sitting on a shelf and intermittant use, three batteries measured at 1.5v and the fourth was dead flat.

On the third set of batteries, NiMH this time, the rear clicky started to act up.

I got great joy in the destructive disassembly of that particular light.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
thezman said:
I had one of the 4aa LUX models.

On the first set of new alkaline batteries, after a week of on and off use, three batteries measured at 1.45v and the fourth was dead flat.

On the second set of a different brand of new alkaline batteries, after 2 weeks of sitting on a shelf and intermittant use, three batteries measured at 1.5v and the fourth was dead flat.

On the third set of batteries, NiMH this time, the rear clicky started to act up.

Uh-oh - did you try to contact Streamlight? I've heard very good things about their warranty. From the multiple problems (batteries, clicky) and especially that issue with the batteries, it sounds like your light really was defective. I've not heard of the ProPoly doing that before!

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
I HAD A 4AA lux, it was a nice light one of the best for the money, but it didn't "feel right" in my hand, other the then ergonomics it is a nice light ill probably get another as a throw around light,and to give to non flashaholics to try and get them on the boat like i did my last one.

thezman

Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
Uh-oh - did you try to contact Streamlight?
Negative. I didn't care for the beam on it and didn't want another one.
rant.gif

And I repeat.....
thezman said:
yellowlaugh.gif

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see! It sounds like we have our first negative on the ProPoly Lux! Um, yay? Vote, zman - we "need more input"!

lightcrazed

Newly Enlightened
I like the light, but I too find it awkward to hold and to turn on in a comfortable way. I much prefer the switch on my 3AA 1 watt Streamlight. But the ProPoly rocks on power.Yea, I voted.

lumenal

Enlightened
I've had my 4AA ProPoly Lux for about 3 months now, and never had a problem. Its still on it's first set of batteries.

I bought one for my brother and all he could say was ,"wow" when he first fired it up!:rock: The reaction of the unenlightened is great when they first try a Luxeon.

I'm amazed at how white the tint, and how well it throws, especially for a Luxeon, ( although the packaging states its a " super high-flux Luxeon, whatever that means). It performs right along side 3 watt LEDs, sometimes even better.

I think its an awesome light....

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
lightcrazed said:
I like the light, but I too find it awkward to hold and to turn on in a comfortable way. I much prefer the switch on my 3AA 1 watt Streamlight. But the ProPoly rocks on power.Yea, I voted.

I agree.

This is a great light for the money, a superb value, and a wonderful general utility light.

But, I hate the switch. The switch works great, but I hate that it's a 'tactical' switch.

Ruins this light for me to use as a carry light for walking outdoors. Wish it had something close to the UK 4AA series switch.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one from Brightguy that is pure white in tint, has an extremely tight spot, and is very bright! What a thrower. Only my 4C MagLite with an LED drop-in will out throw it. And not by a whole lot, I'd say. I ab-so-lute-ly love it! So much so, I wanted another one. I (my brother actually) found a local hi-end tool store that had two on the shelf. We bought em. Well, they ain't the same. :rant: Of those 2, one is purple, and the other is green in tint. And they are not as bright, not as tight, so consequently don't throw as far. If you don't compare them to the first one, other than tint, they're not bad. They're still nice flashlights. It's just that that first one from Brightguy is so assume!
It has me wondering if it is execptional, or are the other ones the norm?
If you don't have 2 to compare, you guy's will have a hard time answering that question, but at least, how's your tint? What are your thoughts?
Edit: These are 4AA's.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my ProPoly Luxeon 4AA AND 3C:

The tint is perfect, the beam is perfect, the regulation is perfect, the runtime is perfect, the battery change could be better, there's no low stage, and the 3C needs a tube with 1.125" OD, 0.875" ID, 0.125" wall, and 0.3" length to tailstand.

I don't find them uncomfortable - once I switch one on, I can swing it around like my folding knife to get the ordinary non-tactical grip. I can also use the "tactical" (thumb on switch) grip, and then slide the light back so that I'm gripping the bezel. I find it comfortable.