$5.99 9led 3aaa light....wonder if its a good host for anything(comes with 3aaa adap)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: $5.99 9led 3aaa light....wonder if its a good host for anything(comes with 3aaa adap)

I didn't look at the pic but I did buy a 9 LED 3AAA light costing $3 at a flea market and it is worth about that since the switch flaked out. As for modding it..... the space in front is too short for a good reflector on mine for a higher power single LED.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: $5.99 9led 3aaa light....wonder if its a good host for anything(comes with 3aaa adap)

Do you live in the U.S.? If so, and you have access to a Costco, they have Garrity versions of that light in 4 packs for about $12. That way you'll have spares in case you make a mistake, and you don't have to buy 10 of them. Additionally, unlike flea markets and web sites, you can return these to Costco if you don't like them.

conor said:
http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/9-led-flashlight-battery-included-silver.html

any thoughts?

I might get one to play with its so cheap

*edit if u buy 10 they are only 3.00 each!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have the exact thing here in front of me. At least it LOOKS IDENTICAL.

It has better tint than I'm used to with 5mm leds, and I can't think of any way to make it much better than it is.

billw

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Costco [has] Garrity versions of that light in 4 packs for about $12.
I bought a pack of those recently (couldn't resist... $3 each including duracell batteries.)
The Garrity version has a plastic body, and I can't find a way to get the LED-end
off without resorting to tools. I may test-to-destruction at some point, but they do not
look like they are "easy" to mod... (and I really HATE AAA batteries from a $/WH
point of view. An adaptor to 123A Li or A-size Li-ion might be useful.)