anybody like the film sin-city.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw it a couple of weeks ago on dvd and i thought it was fantastic a masterpiece , but every body else i ask, say it was a load of rubbish.

am i so wrong.

regards.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
While I'm not sure if it merits the label "masterpiece" I did find it to be a good film, and somewhat different from the usual formulaic Hollywood fare. I'll admit that the plot is somewhat convoluted so maybe that's why it might not appeal to the average movie viewer who is just looking for mindless entertainment.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
mabe i`m just sick of the same old storys re-hashed over and over again.

i`m only in my thirties and i don't find any that surprises me anymore.

and that film was certainly was different.

regards.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked the women, ooops, er, :eek: I meant to say the movie alot. It was way out there but had a 3D feel to it, very cool.

rscanady

Enlightened
I loved. Sin City, but I have always love Frank Miller's writing too. I bouught the books when they came out many years ago and was excited to see them do a movie out of it. Stayed very true to the book for the most part, if you have read the books the the movie style makes a lot of sense. If you liked the movie you should look into reading some of the novels.

Ryan

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
One day, I'll buy the DVD and see it. The VFX look absolutely fantastic, with the B&W combined with bits of vibrant color. Even if the movie itself is unenjoyable, which I highly doubt, its visual flair makes it worth seeing AT LEAST once, and definitely worth owning.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kind of enjoyed it when I went to see it when it first came out (mainly due to J.A.
JAani.gif
being in it)... But I wasn't able to really follow it. Since I got the DVD and have watched it a few more times, I kind of get a better grasp on the continuity and how the stories intertwine, yet are separate.

The cinematography and special effects were neat, even though I'm really into more the classic Film Noir than this modern stuff.

V for Vendetta was also better than I expected, given the political agenda and overactive imaginations of the professional reviewers I read (and supposedly of) the guy that wrote the original 'comic' book story.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found Sin City refreshing. I know film noir is not new but its nice to see a modern take on it...and can Jessica Alba possibly get any hotter? :drool:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was different and parts definitely disturbed me, but I think that's a good thing from time to time. I agree with those who are sick to death of the same plot re-hashed. (how many versions of "the seven samurai" are there???)

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
It was great, best movie I've seen in a long long while (and I see tons of movies every year). I think it'll be looked upon as a classic. I agree with Tinderbox, it is a masterpiece :)

Illum

Flashaholic
watched it twice, give up...I dont understand the plot whatsoever...
:rant::ohgeez:
can some plz summarize what the @#$% was I watching?
and...it sorta dissapoints me [I was watching it with the lights out and 4 lights in my lap] that theres so many dark areas and so few flashlights used...:scowl:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was great!!!!!!!

Also, if you appreciated Sin-city check out Night Watch (russian) . Not as compelling as Sin-city but delightfully original.