How to turn off or change settings for mouse pad.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have a Compaq Presario V4xxxxCL laptop. The touch pad is so sensative that just putting pressure on edge of laptop with wrists while typing causes the curser to move all over. Very disrupting as my next letter or sentence often ends up in the middle of my typed text. How do I turn mouse pad off, or adjust it so not so sensative. I checked Control Panel to no avail. Where are settings for mouse pad located, and how to do?

was_jlh

Enlightened
bullzeyebill, i have an hp laptop and there is a long narrow button over my mousepad. when pressed, it turns the mousepad off.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most touchpads are made by two companies, synaptics being one of the more popular. You can usually download the synaptics utility and adjust the sensitivity.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Where is synaptics utility located? Is it in Programs, if so it is not listed as such. Nor is it in Control Panel, or settings. I do not have the higher end Compaq with easy turn off/on mouse pad.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Thanks was_jlh, not much help there. I am supposed to be able to access touchpad settings by going to "mouse" in Settings, and clicking on "touchpad" window, but no such window.

Bill

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search for synaptics and download their software. On the compaq business laptops you can download it from the HP/Compaq web site also, I assume the presarios can too?

Latest posts