First CPF hurricane, Am I ready?

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
Yeah Ernesto is on the way and by golly if there is one prep I did not miss is all my lights, my A2, E2L, E2D and all the rest. Finally making a last minute check hope all goes well.

Culhain

Enlightened
We had a tornado warning today at work. Since I expected to be busy, I slipped my Surefire E2L on my belt, stuck a Gerber IU in my pants pocket, grabbed my backup 4 pack of Energizer AA lithiums and tested the L1P EDC in shirt pocket. Next, water bottle filled, Swiss Army Knife in pocket, yup I'm ready. Lots of unverified reports of touch downs, but none have been verified. Home now and 5 hours later, the warning is a watch until they change it again.

Funny thing was that shortly after the warning sirens sounded, my ears started popping, indicating big pressure changes. The pressure swings told me to take the warnings as serious.

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
Starting to feel the rain bands, got water, canned foods, crank radio, Walther P99 and about 6 clips of 9mm, AR-15 M4 Aimpoint optics and about 300 rounds in magazines. and of course my trusty Surefire A2 in a holster. Hopefully I wont need all the stuff and I wont lose power for too long. It's 1700 eastern we will feel the brunt around 2400 hours.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope you are ready, it will hit if you are, or, are not. Sounds like you have a decent start. Hope you have a few longer lasting lights in case they are out a while. Good luck, keep your head down, and your eyes along the sky line.
And ALWAYS take the warnings are serious, you can always be happily surprised when nothing occurs, it beats the hell out of being wrong if it does and you did not take them serious.

Last edited: