Maxlite Mod for bigger AA Batteries

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
As we all know, the Maxlite was designed with very close tolerances, and the battery manufacturers have been making their products a little bigger and bigger. :thumbsdow Thus we have the Sherman Tank Maxlite that will not allow us to put some of the new batteries in them.:awman:
The solution:
Buy a Maxlite II! :sold:
Or, if you have already spent your last two car payments on lights, let me suggest this,

Get some very thin copper wire.
all.jpg

Using only a few strands, make them into a ring.
Don't use too much! You only need a little.
ring.jpg

Place this ring every so gently in the head of the light, so that the body will screw down on top of the ring.

spring.jpg

Gently push the copper into the bottom of the head. (The way this light is built, you could probably use a sledgehammer and not dent the light!):aaa:
Wirein.jpg

See the copper coil in the base of the head. This will give you enough clearance for the larger capacity batteries.:rock:

Screw the head back on , and...
closeup.jpg

You will have a tiny gap between the head and body of the light, however the light will now run on those NiMh hi capacity, fully automatic, dangerous as heck, batteries. :xyxgun:
(Please be sure those batteries are not banned in the city in which you live. :naughty: This mod done at your own risk and for educational purposes only. Example shown in non-working model and *BATF approved.)

*Battery And Tactical Flashlight

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that great mod for the Maxlite....I'm going to buy the newer Maxlite when it comes out, do you have an idea when that will be?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure. I have to keep away from that thread or I might order one.
This place is a danger to my wallet.