LED mods for the Surefire M3?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always wanted a Surefire M3. But I like LEDs better now. I'm wondering if there are any good LED mods availabe for the M3. I would like to use the stock reflector. I've seen that one milkyspit did with the 3 reflectors/emitters in there but that isn't what I'm looking for. I've seen a picture here where someone put an emitter on top of what looked like the stock M3 LA. I'm wondering if those K2s' are ready for something like that. I would LOVE to have a LuxIII that put out the same 125 lumens that the stock bulb puts out, but thats' pushing it. As far as the L6 goes, I think that head is just a little too big.

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
It would be easier to mod an M3T for the LED-on-a-post type module.

The stock M3 reflector's base opening is smaller than the Luxeon or K2 footprint, so you would have to increase the bore size. If you have a standard M3, a KL6 is an easier solution.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
True but whats the runtime? What does the beam look like?

With my little sweety I get 50 minutes on high and a few hours on low. The beam is perfect for my uses, unbelievable.
Review and pictures with beamshoots here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/125767

Ask Milkyspit about this, because he can put in LiIons with more capacity than my L4 host will take in.

Best regards

_____
Tom

Loomy

Enlightened
While you're there ask him to do an m512 with giant lithium cells in an M6! o_0